Vegan Baked Mango Cheesecake Recipe
The texture of this is a little firmer than a dairy-based cheesecake, but the jelly-like topping is beautiful. It’s absolutely jam-packed with nutritious ingredients so you can enjoy your dessert without the guilt.
- 100g almonds
- 50g rolled oats
- 30g shredded coconut
- 8 medjool dates
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted if firm
- 300g vegan cream cheese
- 125g silken tofu
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 125mL melted coconut oil
- 125mL coconut milk
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp guar gum
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 125mL coconut milk
- 300g mango (whole weight), peeled, deseeded & flesh roughly chopped
- Heat oven to 200°C and grease and line 22cm round cake tin with non-stick baking paper. Set aside.
- To prepare crust, place almonds, oats and coconut in bowl of food processor and blitz until very finely chopped. Then add dates and coconut oil and pulse until it forms a sticky dough. Press evenly into base of cake tin using fingertips. Bake in oven for 10 mins, then set aside. Turn oven temperature down to 170°C.
- Now make the filling. Wash out food processor and add cream cheese, silken tofu, vanilla, coconut oil, coconut milk and maple syrup. Process for 1 min until silky smooth. With the motor still running, sprinkle in guar gum and process for 30 secs more until mixture thickens.
- Pour over crust and tap cake tin on the bench a few times to settle mixture and smooth top. Before you put it in the oven, place a small roasting tray or oven-proof dish half-filled with water on bottom shelf of oven. This will create extra moisture while it cooks. Place cheesecake on middle shelf and bake for 40 mins until firm with a slight wobble in the centre. Place cake in fridge for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, make topping. Soak chia seeds in bowl with 4 tablespoons of water for 10 mins until a thick gel. Add to (clean) food processor along with coconut milk and mango. Process until combined.
- Remove cheesecake from fridge and pour over mango topping; it should be very thick. Smooth with a knife and place back in fridge to chill for 3 more hours or overnight. Slice and serve when thoroughly chilled.
Vegan Mushroom Croquettes with Cashew Aioli Recipe
Baked for optimum health, these creamy vegan mushroom croquettes offer a deliciously moreish appetiser, snack or dinner staple.
Niulife Organic Coconut Milk Powder —
Use in place of milk or milk powder in smoothies, cooking, baking, and dessert making. 100% of profits from...
Niulife Vegan Fysh Sauce — Kokonut Pacific
With the same great taste, this plant-powered seasoning is a deliciously healthy alternative to fish sauce.
Raw Mango Spring Rolls Recipe
These fresh and tasty raw mango spring rolls make a wholesome vegan starter or lunch, packed with plenty of antioxidant...