Vegan Mac & Cheese Recipe
This smoky Vegan Mac & Cheese has long been my answer to the terrible packet mix processed pasta. My kids love it, and I love that they are nourishing themselves with lots of plant-based goodness. The butternut pumpkin adds a beautiful sweetness and the spices and cashews bring it all together in a cheese-like sauce.
- ¼ cup cashew nuts
- 250g rice & quinoa penne pasta (or pasta of your choice)
- 500g butternut pumpkin, diced
- 1 small red onion, peeled & sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika (if you don't like smoky flavours, replace with sweet paprika)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Soak cashew nuts in boiling water.
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil and cook the penne until al dente.
- Add the pumpkin, onion and garlic to a steamer basket. Steam for 15 mins until the pumpkin and onion are soft.
- Place it into a high-speed blender or food processor, add the drained cashew nuts, spices, seasoning, nutritional yeast, mustard and lemon juice. Blend on high until creamy.
- Add about ¼ cup of water to thin it and blend again.
- Mix it into the drained cooked pasta. Enjoy immediately.
- Tip: If you're not vegan, this is delicious with grated cheese on top.
Vegetable Pasta Bake Recipe
This easy pasta bake is the perfect way to use up leftover veggies in the fridge. Add chilli flakes to...
Avocado Pesto Pasta with Roasted Tomatoes & Microgreens Recipe
This pesto pasta is perfect for an easy, vegan mid-week meal. The addition of creamy avocado and sweet roasted tomatoes...
Beef Ragu Recipe
This slow-cooked beef ragu is a delicious, easy meal that freezes well so you can defrost and heat the ragu,...
4 gluten-free pasta recipes packed with plant-based goodness
Packed with plant-based goodness, these gluten-free vegan pasta recipes from Explore Cuisine offer a deliciously healthy take on your favourite...