Vegan Rainbow Goulash
Traditionally, Hungarian goulash is made with meat as the base. This is a delicious vegan version that incorporates chickpeas and mushrooms for heartiness, and is bright, zesty and fresh while still satisfying the desire for a comforting meal.
GF, V, VG
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, peeled & diced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled & chopped
- 2 tsp Hungarian paprika
- 150g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red capsicum, sliced
- 1 yellow capsicum, sliced
- 1 green capsicum, sliced
- 1 cup passata
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 x 400g tin chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- Parsley leaves, to serve
- Cooked rice, to serve
- Place olive oil and onion in large saucepan over medium heat and cook until soft.
- Add garlic and paprika and stir for 1 min, until fragrant.
- Add mushrooms and cook for a few mins, stirring frequently.
- Add capsicum, passata, stock and chickpeas and cook for around 10 mins, or until veggies are cooked to taste.
- Taste and add a little salt and pepper if necessary.
- Serve with lots of parsley and rice.
Black Pepper Garlic Tempeh
I love this little dish because it really packs a flavour punch! Not to mention the protein, iron and magnesium...
Crusted Cauliflower Steaks
Whether you are vegan or flexitarian, this recipe is for you.
The Sustainable Diet
With our world expanding by 82 million new individuals a year, we need to switch to a more equitable, healthier...