Vegan Rainbow Goulash
Traditionally, Hungarian goulash is made with meat as the base. This is a delicious vegan version that incorporates chickpeas and mushrooms for heartiness, and is bright, zesty and fresh while still satisfying the desire for a comforting meal.
GF, V, VG
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, peeled & diced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled & chopped
- 2 tsp Hungarian paprika
- 150g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red capsicum, sliced
- 1 yellow capsicum, sliced
- 1 green capsicum, sliced
- 1 cup passata
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 x 400g tin chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- Parsley leaves, to serve
- Cooked rice, to serve
- Place olive oil and onion in large saucepan over medium heat and cook until soft.
- Add garlic and paprika and stir for 1 min, until fragrant.
- Add mushrooms and cook for a few mins, stirring frequently.
- Add capsicum, passata, stock and chickpeas and cook for around 10 mins, or until veggies are cooked to taste.
- Taste and add a little salt and pepper if necessary.
- Serve with lots of parsley and rice.
Are you in need of some breakfast inspiration? We think that Bircher muesli is one of the best breakfasts you...
Chunky Almond Granola
This chunky almond granola is jam-packed with dietary fibre to help lower cholesterol levels, along with B vitamins and slow-release...
Pear Spelt Pancakes with Strawberry Purée
Pears and strawberries are rich sources of vitamin C, which is vital for boosting immune function and for supporting adrenal...
Sugar-Free Vegan Mint Chocolate Chip Nice-Cream
It hardly seems possible to have a no-sugar healthy ice-cream that tastes so amazingly sweet and almost like the dairy...