Vegetable Galette Recipe
One thing I love the most about galette pastry is that it is so forgiving! This recipe is a great way to use up leftover vegetables in the fridge. It also freezes beautifully and is perfect to reheat in the oven. Make your own pastry or do it the cheat’s way and use puff pastry.
- Pastry DIY (or 1 sheet store-bought puff pastry)
- 125g plain flour
- Pinch salt
- ¼ cup iced water
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 1 medium sweet potato, very thinly sliced
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 2 potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 125g button mushrooms, whole
- ½ medium red onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp roasted red peppers
- A few small vine tomatoes
- Salt & pepper, to season
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp passata
- Cheese, to sprinkle
- Milk, to brush
Handful basil leaves
- To make the pastry, combine the flour, salt and very cold butter in a food processor and process until fine crumbs form. Sprinkle the iced water over the flour mixture and pulse slightly until the dough just comes together into a ball.
- On a lightly floured surface, lightly knead the dough and press it into a flat disc and refrigerate (covered) for at least 30 mins to 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 180ºC fan-forced.
- Combine the sweet potatoes, zucchini, potatoes, carrots, mushrooms, red onion and red peppers in a large bowl. Add the salt, pepper and olive oil. Set aside.
- To assemble the galette, roll out the cold dough on a sheet of baking paper to a round of approx. 30cm. Score a light 2-inch border the whole way around the pastry round.
- Pour passata on the centre of the dough, leaving a 2-inch border and top with the vegetable mix. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Gently fold over the pastry border, overlapping the edges as much as possible and gently press the folds together.
- Brush the folded edges of the crust with milk and bake for 30–40 mins, or until crust is golden brown.
- Allow to cool for 5 mins. Garnish with basil leaves and season with salt and pepper.
Berry, Pepita & Walnut Fruit Salad with Sweet Cashew Cream Recipe
Level up your fruit salad with this sweet and smooth easy-to-prepare cashew cream, you can enjoy good health and a...
Cauliflower Cashew Curry Recipe
This is a really tasty vegan curry recipe that is perfect as a nourishing stand-alone meal or served with rice...
3 chicken dinner recipes to add to your weekly menu
Made with The Bare Bird's antibiotic-free, accredited free-range chickens, these delicious chicken dinner recipes are guaranteed to be love at...