Rich, hearty and full of protein, this delicious dish feeds a crowd for less than $2.50 per serve. This chilli is so filling and tasty that nobody will guess it costs almost nothing to make.
- 1 tin black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 tin lentils, drained & rinsed
- 1 tin kidney beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 tin corn kernels, drained
- 1 tin diced tomatoes
- 300g tempeh, crumbled
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 large red capsicum, diced
- 1 large green capsicum, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 packet (35g) taco seasoning
- 1-4 tsp chilli powder, to taste
- Dairy-free sour cream, to serve Coriander leaves, to garnish
- Place the drained beans, lentils, corn and tomatoes into a slow cooker.
- Crumble the tempeh in on top.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Season to taste and serve with dairy-free sour cream and coriander.