Warm Sweet Potato Salad with Turmeric Dressing
Salads abundant in beautiful colours really speak for themselves! This scrumptious salad offers a richness of colour and nutrition that includes plenty of beta carotene, quality and easily digestible carbohydrates and fibre to fuel and nourish your body with every mouthful.
- 3 medium (1kg) sweet potatoes, sliced into wedges
- 2 tbsp + ½ tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp sweet paprika
- Sea salt & black pepper
- ½ cup flaked coconut
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Turmeric Dressing
- ¾ cup Greek or coconut yoghurt
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tbsp maple syrup
- Pinch chilli flakes
- Heat oven to 180ºC and line large baking tray and smaller baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Toss sweet potatoes with 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, sweet paprika and a pinch of sea salt and pepper. Spread evenly over large baking tray and place in oven to cook for 30 mins.
- Toss flaked coconut with cinnamon and ½ teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil in small bowl. Five mins before sweet potatoes are ready, spread evenly over smaller baking tray and place in oven until golden.
- Whisk together ingredients for turmeric dressing in small bowl ready for serving.
- Once sweet potatoes and coconut are cooked, spread turmeric dressing around the base of serving bowl or platter, top with sweet potatoes, sprinkle with coconut and serve.
Rocket, Toasted Quinoa & Walnut Salad
This salad is packed full of protein and also rich in magnesium, B vitamins, potassium and calcium. Make sure you...
Kale & Cabbage Salad with Pepitas & Cranberries
There are some terrific superfoods available, such as açaí, lucuma and spirulina. But don’t forget some of our standard vegetables...
Potato Salad with Sherry Vinaigrette
This salad is full of healthy leafy greens and peas which are a great source of vitamin K, manganese, dietary...
Rainbow Salad with Haloumi & Lemon Vinaigrette
This salad takes advantage of all the colours of the rainbow and is packed full of nutrients and superfoods. This...