White Chocolate, Ricotta and Cardamom Cheesecake Recipe
Traditionally, German cheesecakes are made with quark, a European-style fresh cheese. As it’s not as readily available, I’ve used Greek yoghurt instead and paired it with ricotta to get a lighter, fresher-tasting cheesecake that’s reminiscent of the German variety. I have specified draining the ricotta for 1–2 hours here. If you don’t have the patience, it won’t spoil the recipe; it will just make the end result a little wetter in texture. I also think it’s better having rested in the fridge for a couple of hours (or overnight) after baking but, again, you decide.
- 100g good-quality white chocolate
- 450g ricotta cheese, full-fat, drained for 1–2 hours
- 200g Greek yoghurt or quark
- ½ cup rapadura sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup spelt flour
- ¼ tsp ground cardamom
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- Pinch sea salt
- Fresh berries, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C and grease cake tin with removable base.
- Set bowl on top of small saucepan of simmering water, being sure water isn’t touching bowl.
- Place chocolate in bowl and stir occasionally until melted. Remove from heat.
- Place ricotta and yoghurt in bowl of stand mixer with whisk attachment. Whisk until smooth and combined.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each one.
- Pour in melted and slightly cooled chocolate and whisk.
- Add spelt flour, spices and salt and whisk slowly to combine.
- Pour mixture into prepared tin, transfer to oven and bake for 50–60 mins, or until cake is golden brown on top and the tiniest bit jiggly in the middle when you shimmy the tin.
- Remove from oven and cool in tin — it will deflate a little as it does.
- Remove tin and transfer to fridge for a couple of hours and serve with fresh berries if desired.
Jam-Packed Ricepaper Rolls Recipe
Packing these ricepaper rolls with wholesome ingredients you can create delicious parcels that will make your insides and outsides happy....
Sponsor Recipes: The Culture Co. share 3 healthy recipes
Discover some of the delicious recipes you can make The Culture Co. products like a healthy Peanut Butter Smoothie Bowl...
Vietnamese Meatball Soup Recipe
This Vietnamese meatball soup is a delicious, fuss-free meal that is both nutritious and healing. Enjoy our Vietnamese meatball soup...
Chicken Broth Pho Recipe
Substitute a classic stock with bone broth in this refreshing pho for the ultimate one-bowl meal with our chicken broth...