Secrets of the sea
We chat to Kate Sultana, founder of Sea Amour Wellness, about the transformative power of marine collagen peptides and how to incorporate them into your diet with some easy breakfast recipes.
When did Sea Amour Wellness first begin, and why?
Sea Amour Wellness began on a trip to Iceland and Norway back in 2019. I fell in love with the country and the purity of the environment. We talked to the locals in Iceland about what they loved most about their country; their answer was simple … fresh fish, pristine water, geothermal bathing with numerous health benefits and sustainable living practices.
We were so impressed we sought out some of their incredible products and came across marine collagen peptides. We discovered that the marine collagen peptides from wild cod were responsible for the locals’ seemingly ageless skin, strong nails and luscious hair.
What are some key indicators that we need nutritional supplementation?
Brittle nails, hair breakage, dull hair, tummy issues such as bloating and excess gas and a leaky gut.
Please share a rewarding moment for Sea Amour Wellness?
Hearing feedback from clients who are so happy that marine collagen is finally providing them with amazing benefits and more importantly, that we are honest and transparent with our source of marine collagen. Our marine collagen is sustainably sourced off the coast of the Norwegian Sea. Backed by science and loved by many, Sea Amour’s Collagen Peptides are hydrolysed for easy absorption and are bio-active and bio-available to directly target collagen growth within the deeper skin layers.
A nurse friend of mine has been taking our collagen for six weeks now, and she is amazed at how strong and healthy her nails have become; she said: “What nurse has nails like these?!”
Please share a challenging moment for Sea Amour Wellness.
COVID-19 prevented us from meeting with suppliers and distributors face to face. Health and wellness expos were put on pause, so not being able to touch and feel and communicate directly with our customers has been the hardest challenge. We have an incredible message to spread, but it’s been difficult in a world of TikTok and Instagram to be heard.
What are the benefits of Sea Amour Marine Collagen?
- It supports healthy skin, hair and nails! If you find your nails are weak and constantly break, marine collagen may assist in strengthening the nails. The amino acids in collagen also encourage existing hair growth and thickness while hydrating the skin and supporting the skin’s elasticity.
- It’s hydrolysed and easy to digest. We treat our marine collagen with a non-GMO food-grade enzyme, which allows the collagen to be absorbed into the body so that the amino acids can get to where they need to go.
- It’s great for your gut. If you suffer from excess gas and bloating, marine collagen may really help you. The amino acids glycine and glutamine may be particularly helpful, as they both play a role in supporting the tissue that lines the digestive tract. Glycine is particularly helpful at fighting inflammation
Consistency is the key. Over a six-week period, our customers saw the following benefits:
- 78 per cent saw results within 12 weeks (some as early as six weeks)
- 75 per cent said their skin is more hydrated and plumper
- 65 per cent said they felt better overall
What’s next for Sea Amour Wellness?
We have two new products that are going through the testing phase: we are super-excited to share these with our customers … stay tuned.\
For more visit seaamourwellness.com.au