CORN THINS® are not rice cakes. Made from corn, they taste delicious — like popcorn squished into a healthy crispbread. Plus, they’re gluten-free, non-GMO and contain good levels of fibre. You can enjoy them on their own or with your favourite toppings like we’ve done here.
- 500g sausage mince
- 250g onions (about 1½ large onions)
- ¼ tsp mixed herbs
- 6 CORN THINS slices
- 2 small carrots
- 3 sheets gluten-free puff pastry
- 1 egg yolk, whisked with 1 tbsp water
- Sea salt & freshly cracked black pepper Poppy or sesame seeds, to decorate (optional)
- Process CORN THINS slices in food processor to a fine crumb. Transfer to a bowl.
- Process onion and carrot until finely chopped. Add sausage mince, CORN THINS crumbs and herbs, season and process until just combined.
- Divide mixture into 6 equal portions. Cut puff pastry sheets in half then roll each portion of meat mixture into logs the length of the pastry pieces. Line the log up along the long end of the pastry piece and roll to enclose. Cut each piece into quarters.
- Preheat oven to 220°C fan. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Brush with egg glaze (sprinkle with poppy or sesame seeds if desired) then bake for 20-25 mins, switching trays halfway through, until pastry is golden and flaky.