How to support your muscle health, according to a natural medicine provider
When people think about strong and healthy muscles, the first image that springs to mind is often of a bulging bodybuilder lifting weights at the gym. But you don’t need to have the physique of an athlete to want healthy muscles.
Muscle health is important for your overall health and well-being. When you have healthy muscles, they will help you perform everyday activities with ease.
Our muscles work by contracting or relaxing to cause movement. And no, they’re not just for lifting heavy boxes. Muscles can help protect our joints from injury, maintain our balance and coordination, and help to pump blood through the body.
So, what can you do to support your muscle health? Enter: magnesium supplements.
Your body needs magnesium for energy production, a healthy nervous system and, most importantly, good muscle health, as magnesium is stored in our muscles. Our body uses magnesium to signal our muscles to relax and contract, which helps us to move around.
It’s important to choose quality magnesium, as this vital nutrient is involved in over 300 functions in your body.
Ethical Nutrients, an Australian provider of vitamin and mineral supplements, offers a range of high-quality, easily absorbed magnesium products, including high-strength Mega Magnesium, all of which are specifically designed to address various health needs.
Below are important things you need to know about supporting your muscle health.
How do lifestyle factors impact our muscle health?
There are several factors that can have a big impact on muscle health. Here are the top considerations to keep in mind:
- Age: Muscle mass and strength naturally decline with age.
- Gender: Men typically have more muscle mass than women.
- Genetics: Some people are naturally more predisposed to having strong muscles.
- Activity level: Regular physical activity is essential for maintaining muscle health.
- Diet: A diet that is low in protein and essential nutrients can lead to lowered muscle health.
- Hormonal levels: Changes in hormonal levels, such as those that occur during menopause, can also impact muscle health.
- Various health issues: Certain health issues may affect muscle health
How can we look after our muscles day-to-day?
The good news is that there are many things you can do, like following a healthy lifestyle, to help your muscles stay healthy. Some specific things you can do to improve your muscle health:
- Strength train regularly. Strength training helps to build muscle mass and strength. Aim to strength train 2-3 times per week.
- Eat a healthy diet. Make sure to eat plenty of protein, fruits, vegetables, and whole grains.
- Get enough sleep. Sleep is important for muscle repair and growth. Aim for 7-8 hours of sleep per night.
- Manage stress. Stress can lead to muscle tension and weakness. Find healthy ways to manage stress, such as yoga, meditation, or spending time in nature.
- Supplement with important nutrients like Ethical Nutrients, magnesium which is involved in supporting healthy muscle function.
Check out the range Ethical Nutrients Mega Magnesium for more information.