Apple Pie Loaf by Lee Holmes
Healthy food chef, Lee Holmes, shows us how to make a super tasty, super useful Apple Loaf, using Modi Apples.
As well as being delicious, Modi apples are incredibly healthy. Apples are rich in polyphenols which have antioxidant actions as well as being anti-inflammatory. Research tells us that ployphenols from apples affect specific cells from the immune system to block inflammation.
They taste amazing and have so many healing capacities, why wouldn’t you eat a Modi apple?
Apple Pie Loaf
Makes: 12 slices
1 ½ cups buckwheat flour
½ cup coconut palm sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
½ cup almond milk
3 large eggs
½ cup olive oil
½ cup raisins
½ cup figs, thinly sliced
3 Modi apples, thinly sliced
- Add the buckwheat flour, coconut palm sugar, cinnamon and baking powder to a bowl. Mix together until combined
- In a seperate bowl, add all of the wet ingredients; almond milk, egges and olive oil
- Beat together and add the dry ingredients along with the raisins, figs ans half of the sliced apples
- Mix together until combined and pour into the bread tin
- Use the remaining apple to decorate the top of the loaf
- Bake in the oven for 50-60 minutes
For more tasty recipes from Modi Apple Australia, follow the Modi Apple Facebook page!
Supercharged Cataplana-Style Seafood Stew Recipe
This Portuguese-inspired seafood stew is full of delicious flavours and fibre-rich vegies. It’s the perfect one-pot wonder for mid-week meals....
Sago with Coconut, Nectarine and Lemon Verbena Recipe
This heavenly flavour combination makes a gorgeous breakfast or a lovely dessert. If you can’t get hold of any lemon...
Cauliflower Rice Salad Recipe
Build this into a meal by serving it with grilled tempeh, tofu, chicken, pork or seafood. Enjoy our cauliflower rice...
Bahn Mi Recipe
You can use any cut of pork in these rolls and even chicken is a great option. Enjoy our delicious...