Apple Pie Loaf by Lee Holmes
Healthy food chef, Lee Holmes, shows us how to make a super tasty, super useful Apple Loaf, using Modi Apples.
As well as being delicious, Modi apples are incredibly healthy. Apples are rich in polyphenols which have antioxidant actions as well as being anti-inflammatory. Research tells us that ployphenols from apples affect specific cells from the immune system to block inflammation.
They taste amazing and have so many healing capacities, why wouldn’t you eat a Modi apple?
Apple Pie Loaf
Makes: 12 slices
1 ½ cups buckwheat flour
½ cup coconut palm sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
½ cup almond milk
3 large eggs
½ cup olive oil
½ cup raisins
½ cup figs, thinly sliced
3 Modi apples, thinly sliced
- Add the buckwheat flour, coconut palm sugar, cinnamon and baking powder to a bowl. Mix together until combined
- In a seperate bowl, add all of the wet ingredients; almond milk, egges and olive oil
- Beat together and add the dry ingredients along with the raisins, figs ans half of the sliced apples
- Mix together until combined and pour into the bread tin
- Use the remaining apple to decorate the top of the loaf
- Bake in the oven for 50-60 minutes
For more tasty recipes from Modi Apple Australia, follow the Modi Apple Facebook page!
Cypriot Lemon Almond Cakes Recipe
A scrumptious, zesty and nourishing take on a traditional Cypriot semolina cake. I’ve swapped semolina and sugar for almond meal...
Vegetarian Cypriot Sausage Recipe
If you’ve followed my work for a while you’ll know I love the challenge of a meat for vego swap...
Lentils and Greens with a Lemony Vinaigrette Recipe
This salad is the perfect main or side dish. It’s loaded with beautiful iron-boosting ingredients like lentils, almonds and greens,...
Lee Holmes shares her take on the perfect marinades plus her favourite Biryani recipe
Marinating is an age-old process to intensify the flavour of food before cooking.