Beetroot, Apple and Feta Salad by Lee holmes
Healthy food chef, Lee Holmes, shares with us a scrumptious beetroot, apple and feta salad. This salad is the perfect side dish for your evening meal, lunch on it’s own or are share plate at a BBQ!
You don’t need an extra reason to eat apples, they just taste fantastic. If you did need a reason though, maybe the fact that they could help you lose weight might interest you? Apples contain lots of wonderful ingredients like antioxidants and fibre but they also contain something called ursolic acid. Research has shown that ursolic acid can increase lean muscle mass at the same time as leading to less overall weight gain and balancing blood sugar levels.
Apples are such a yummy food but also a great health food at the same time!
Beetroot, Apple and Feta Salad
2 large Modi apples
2 large beetroot bulbs
¼ red onion, sliced thinly
3 tbs white wine vinegar
2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
A pinch of pepper
100g feta cheese, crumbled
Fresh mint and basil, for topping
- Peel the Modi apples, then core them and slice them into thin strips, like match sticks. Put them in a bowl and set aside
- Repeat the same process with the beetroot, making sure you cut them into thin strips, as the beetroot stays raw in this salad
- Add the beetroot to the bowl with the apple and add red onion, white wine vinegar, olive oil, pepper and feta cheese
- Mix together well until combined and serve on a large flat platter
- Top with an extra drizzle of olive oil, feta cheese and some fresh mint and basil leaves.
Handy tip: To make this salad even quicker to make you can just grate the Modi apples and the beetroot. It will work just as well and taste just as good
For more tasty recipes from Modi Apple Australia, follow the Modi Apple Facebook page!
Supercharged Cataplana-Style Seafood Stew Recipe
This Portuguese-inspired seafood stew is full of delicious flavours and fibre-rich vegies. It’s the perfect one-pot wonder for mid-week meals....
Sago with Coconut, Nectarine and Lemon Verbena Recipe
This heavenly flavour combination makes a gorgeous breakfast or a lovely dessert. If you can’t get hold of any lemon...
Cauliflower Rice Salad Recipe
Build this into a meal by serving it with grilled tempeh, tofu, chicken, pork or seafood. Enjoy our cauliflower rice...
Bahn Mi Recipe
You can use any cut of pork in these rolls and even chicken is a great option. Enjoy our delicious...