Grilled Salmon and Apple Salad by Lee Holmes
Healthy food chef, Lee Holmes, shares with us a super quick, easy and healthy Grilled Salmon and Apple Salad using Modi Apples.
Apples are jam-packed with antioxidants. An average medium sized apple contains around 6mg of Vitamin C, as well as other powerful antioxidants like quercetin and chlorogenic acid. This combination makes the antioxidant power of 1 apple equal to more than 1,500mg of Vitamin C.
Modi apples have a superb taste and texture and set this dish off perfectly.
Grilled Salmon with Apple Salad
Serves: 2 people
2 salmon fillets
4 tbs olive oil
Sea salt and pepper
2 Modi apples, thinly sliced
½ red onion, thinly sliced
½ cup flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
Juice 1 lemon
- Coat the salmon fillets in 2 tablespoons of olive oil and season with sea salt and pepper
- Heat a fry pan over a medium heat and add both salmon fillets skin side down
- Cook for 5 minutes until the skin is crisp
- Turn the salmon fillets and cook for a further 3 minutes on the other side
- Cut the Modi apples into thinly sliced match stick pieces.
- Add the apple to a bowl along with the red onion, flat leaf parsley, lemon juice and 2 tbls of olive oil.
- Season with sea salt and pepper
- Mix together until well combined
- Serve the salad on the plate and top with a piece of grilled salmon.
For more tasty recipes from Modi Apple Australia, follow the Modi Apple Facebook page!
Crispy Haloumi Chips with Lemon, Rosemary and Honey Recipe
I have read that Cypriot farmers made haloumi with techniques and ingredients unique to their family or village, often relying...
Rainbow Chard Rice Wraps Recipe
I love these little green parcels that I first made using a Stephanie Alexander recipe. These have a different filling...
Cypriot Lemon Almond Cakes Recipe
A scrumptious, zesty and nourishing take on a traditional Cypriot semolina cake. I’ve swapped semolina and sugar for almond meal...
Vegetarian Cypriot Sausage Recipe
If you’ve followed my work for a while you’ll know I love the challenge of a meat for vego swap...