Grilled Salmon and Apple Salad by Lee Holmes
Healthy food chef, Lee Holmes, shares with us a super quick, easy and healthy Grilled Salmon and Apple Salad using Modi Apples.
Apples are jam-packed with antioxidants. An average medium sized apple contains around 6mg of Vitamin C, as well as other powerful antioxidants like quercetin and chlorogenic acid. This combination makes the antioxidant power of 1 apple equal to more than 1,500mg of Vitamin C.
Modi apples have a superb taste and texture and set this dish off perfectly.
Grilled Salmon with Apple Salad
Serves: 2 people
2 salmon fillets
4 tbs olive oil
Sea salt and pepper
2 Modi apples, thinly sliced
½ red onion, thinly sliced
½ cup flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
Juice 1 lemon
- Coat the salmon fillets in 2 tablespoons of olive oil and season with sea salt and pepper
- Heat a fry pan over a medium heat and add both salmon fillets skin side down
- Cook for 5 minutes until the skin is crisp
- Turn the salmon fillets and cook for a further 3 minutes on the other side
- Cut the Modi apples into thinly sliced match stick pieces.
- Add the apple to a bowl along with the red onion, flat leaf parsley, lemon juice and 2 tbls of olive oil.
- Season with sea salt and pepper
- Mix together until well combined
- Serve the salad on the plate and top with a piece of grilled salmon.
For more tasty recipes from Modi Apple Australia, follow the Modi Apple Facebook page!
Dutch Carrot Soup with Crunchy Chickpeas Recipes
Cultivators of the carrot, it seems only fitting to dedicate a Dutch style recipe to the humble but mighty orange...
Brussels Sprout Curry Recipe
Not everyone loves Brussels sprouts but these mini cabbages floating in a rich, warming curry sauce make for a delicious...
Parmesan Baked Brussels and Broccolini Recipe
This recipe is quick, wholesome and absolutely bursting with flavour! Delicious served with your choice of protein or as a...
Quinoa and Brussels Sprouts Salad Recipe
This is a nice fresh way to serve Brussels sprouts. The sprouts are raw so make sure you slice them...