Grilled Salmon and Apple Salad by Lee Holmes
Healthy food chef, Lee Holmes, shares with us a super quick, easy and healthy Grilled Salmon and Apple Salad using Modi Apples.
Apples are jam-packed with antioxidants. An average medium sized apple contains around 6mg of Vitamin C, as well as other powerful antioxidants like quercetin and chlorogenic acid. This combination makes the antioxidant power of 1 apple equal to more than 1,500mg of Vitamin C.
Modi apples have a superb taste and texture and set this dish off perfectly.
Grilled Salmon with Apple Salad
Serves: 2 people
2 salmon fillets
4 tbs olive oil
Sea salt and pepper
2 Modi apples, thinly sliced
½ red onion, thinly sliced
½ cup flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
Juice 1 lemon
- Coat the salmon fillets in 2 tablespoons of olive oil and season with sea salt and pepper
- Heat a fry pan over a medium heat and add both salmon fillets skin side down
- Cook for 5 minutes until the skin is crisp
- Turn the salmon fillets and cook for a further 3 minutes on the other side
- Cut the Modi apples into thinly sliced match stick pieces.
- Add the apple to a bowl along with the red onion, flat leaf parsley, lemon juice and 2 tbls of olive oil.
- Season with sea salt and pepper
- Mix together until well combined
- Serve the salad on the plate and top with a piece of grilled salmon.
For more tasty recipes from Modi Apple Australia, follow the Modi Apple Facebook page!
Vegan Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe
My mum’s spaghetti bolognese was the best! I could have eaten it every night as a kid; it was my...
Quick Vegetarian Nachos Recipe
I love this meal for a midweek quickie when I have no protein to work with. I try to always...
Indian-Spiced Mince with Peas Recipe
Dinner doesn’t get any more budget friendly, easier or tastier than this Indian Spiced Mince with Peas. It’s one of...
Japanese Vegetable Pancake Recipe
This dish has been inspired by the traditional Japanese dish okonomiyaki. Traditionally, it’s made with sliced cabbage but I’ve altered...