Grilled Salmon and Apple Salad by Lee Holmes
Healthy food chef, Lee Holmes, shares with us a super quick, easy and healthy Grilled Salmon and Apple Salad using Modi Apples.
Apples are jam-packed with antioxidants. An average medium sized apple contains around 6mg of Vitamin C, as well as other powerful antioxidants like quercetin and chlorogenic acid. This combination makes the antioxidant power of 1 apple equal to more than 1,500mg of Vitamin C.
Modi apples have a superb taste and texture and set this dish off perfectly.
Grilled Salmon with Apple Salad
Serves: 2 people
2 salmon fillets
4 tbs olive oil
Sea salt and pepper
2 Modi apples, thinly sliced
½ red onion, thinly sliced
½ cup flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
Juice 1 lemon
- Coat the salmon fillets in 2 tablespoons of olive oil and season with sea salt and pepper
- Heat a fry pan over a medium heat and add both salmon fillets skin side down
- Cook for 5 minutes until the skin is crisp
- Turn the salmon fillets and cook for a further 3 minutes on the other side
- Cut the Modi apples into thinly sliced match stick pieces.
- Add the apple to a bowl along with the red onion, flat leaf parsley, lemon juice and 2 tbls of olive oil.
- Season with sea salt and pepper
- Mix together until well combined
- Serve the salad on the plate and top with a piece of grilled salmon.
For more tasty recipes from Modi Apple Australia, follow the Modi Apple Facebook page!
Supercharged Cataplana-Style Seafood Stew Recipe
This Portuguese-inspired seafood stew is full of delicious flavours and fibre-rich vegies. It’s the perfect one-pot wonder for mid-week meals....
Sago with Coconut, Nectarine and Lemon Verbena Recipe
This heavenly flavour combination makes a gorgeous breakfast or a lovely dessert. If you can’t get hold of any lemon...
Cauliflower Rice Salad Recipe
Build this into a meal by serving it with grilled tempeh, tofu, chicken, pork or seafood. Enjoy our cauliflower rice...
Bahn Mi Recipe
You can use any cut of pork in these rolls and even chicken is a great option. Enjoy our delicious...