Almond Butter Tempeh Stir-Fry
This tasty vegan stir-fry is packed with plant-based protein which supplies the body with essential amino acids needed to build and repair the body. Protein also helps keep you more satisfied after eating and helps balance blood sugar levels.
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- ¼ cup coconut aminos or tamari
- 1 heaped tsp 100 per cent maple syrup
- 1 tbsp grated ginger (or ½ heap tsp ground ginger)
- Juice ½ lime
- ¼ cup water or coconut milk
- 200g tempeh, cut into small dices
- To Serve:
- Sesame oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- Small head of broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 large carrot, diced
- Large handful kale, ribs removed & thinly sliced
- Handful toasted cashews, roughly chopped
- Cooked greens, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C and line baking tray with baking paper.
- To make cauliflower rice, place cauliflower pieces in food processor and pulse until consistency of rice.
- Cover tray with cauliflower rice and season with sea salt. Place in oven for 20 mins and toss after 10 mins.
- In medium bowl, combine all marinade ingredients and mix well. Add tempeh and place in fridge covered for 1 hr or overnight.
- Heat sesame oil in medium frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 3 mins, then add broccoli, carrot and kale and cook for further 4 mins.
- Add tempeh and cook until tempeh is heated through.
- Serve stir-fry with cauliflower rice, topped with fresh herbs and cashews. Keep any leftover marinade to drizzle over stir fry. Delicious served with steamed greens.
Green Bean & Quinoa Stir-Fry
Green beans are full of energy boosting B vitamins, including folate, which is particularly important for expectant mums for protection...