Apple and Blackberry Crumble Recipe
Slow cookers get used for a lot of savoury dishes, but I often make this sweet Apple and Blackberry Crumble recipe in my slow cooker. I mix up the type of fruits I use: sometimes it’s apple and pear; other times I add some strawberries. It really depends on what’s in season.
- 1kg apples, cored & diced (skin on)
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- ½ cup currants
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 cup blanched almond meal
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 2 tbsp ground sunflowers
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseeds
- 3 tbsp coconut palm sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup ghee or butter
- Set slow cooker to high and add apple, blackberries, currants, cinnamon and honey. Mix to combine, place lid on and cook for 2 hours. I find you don’t need to add any liquid as the apples give of a lot of liquid when slow cooked.
- To make crumble, add almond meal, brown rice flour, ground sunflower seeds, ground flaxseeds, coconut palm sugar and cinnamon to mixing bowl. Mix until combined. Add ghee or butter and, using fingertips, rub ghee or butter into flour mix. Continue process until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Remove ceramic dish from slow cooker and remove lid. Spread crumble mixture across top in even layer. Place dish in oven and bake at 200C for 30 mins, until top is a lovely golden colour.
Fragrant Chicken Broth with Tofu Recipe
This fragrant broth is filled with so much goodness that just the aroma makes you feel better. Enjoy our Fragrant...
Gluten-Free Chocolate Pancakes with Mocha Fudge Sauce Recipe
These delicious gluten-free pancakes make the perfect weekend breakfast or afternoon treat.
5 healthy whole grains to add to your weekly food plan
A triple treat — nutritious, delicious and numerous — grains are powerhouses of nourishment and each of the many varieties...
Roast Sweet Potato, Hummus & Quinoa Poke Bowl Recipe
You’ll notice that a lot of the components of one poke bowl can be used in another. Enjoy my Roast...