Apple and Blackberry Crumble Recipe
Slow cookers get used for a lot of savoury dishes, but I often make this sweet Apple and Blackberry Crumble recipe in my slow cooker. I mix up the type of fruits I use: sometimes it’s apple and pear; other times I add some strawberries. It really depends on what’s in season.
- 1kg apples, cored & diced (skin on)
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- ½ cup currants
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 cup blanched almond meal
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 2 tbsp ground sunflowers
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseeds
- 3 tbsp coconut palm sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup ghee or butter
- Set slow cooker to high and add apple, blackberries, currants, cinnamon and honey. Mix to combine, place lid on and cook for 2 hours. I find you don’t need to add any liquid as the apples give of a lot of liquid when slow cooked.
- To make crumble, add almond meal, brown rice flour, ground sunflower seeds, ground flaxseeds, coconut palm sugar and cinnamon to mixing bowl. Mix until combined. Add ghee or butter and, using fingertips, rub ghee or butter into flour mix. Continue process until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Remove ceramic dish from slow cooker and remove lid. Spread crumble mixture across top in even layer. Place dish in oven and bake at 200C for 30 mins, until top is a lovely golden colour.
Roasted Sweet Potato Chips with Beans and Feta Recipe
Sometimes you just need something simple and easy to make but delicious to end the day with. Try this Roasted...
Lamb Korma with Spiced Cauliflower Rice Recipe
One of our favourite ways to eat lamb is in a slow-cooked curry. Despite the long list of ingredients, this...
Matcha Panna Cotta with Raspberry Ice Recipe
A beautiful, delicious and nourishing dessert, this Matcha Panna Cotta is really easy to make and a dessert you’ll love...
Pancakes Hoppers Recipe
This recipe draws inspiration from Sri Lankan hoppers, which are fermented pancakes made from rice flour, served for breakfast with...