Bacon and Vegie Slice Recipe
Kids love whisking eggs and grating vegies and cheese for this recipe. Use extra zucchini strips to garnish the top when asparagus isn’t in season.
- 3 rashers bacon, chopped
- 1 large zucchini, grated
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup milk choice
- 5 eggs
- 6 asparagus spears
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and line 20cm square slice tin and set aside.
- Fry or grill bacon until crispy, then drain on paper towel and transfer to large mixing bowl. Add zucchini, peas, onions, cheese, flour and thyme to bowl with bacon and mix well.
- In separate bowl, whisk together oil, milk and eggs. Add to bacon bowl and stir to combine. Pour into slice tin and lay asparagus spears on top. Bake for 30–35 mins until golden and set. Cool in tin for 10 mins before slicing and serving warm.
- It can also be served at room temperature or cold in lunchboxes.
Discover organic at our Welbeing Directory
Like what you read?
Sign up for a weekly dose of wellness
Want to reduce salt intake? Try spices instead
Spicy food seems to reduce salt intake according to a new study.
Why you should eat like a Scandinavian
Scandinavian countries are known for their openness and their minimalist aesthetic, but you can take notes from the Nords in...
Soba Noodles with Prawns & Edamame Recipe
Want to know the secret to this warm noodle dish? Add the dressing right at the end so it still...
Sponsor Recipes: That’s Amore Cheese
Discover some of the delicious recipes you can make with That’s Amore Cheese.