Bacon and Vegie Slice Recipe
Kids love whisking eggs and grating vegies and cheese for this recipe. Use extra zucchini strips to garnish the top when asparagus isn’t in season.
- 3 rashers bacon, chopped
- 1 large zucchini, grated
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup milk choice
- 5 eggs
- 6 asparagus spears
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and line 20cm square slice tin and set aside.
- Fry or grill bacon until crispy, then drain on paper towel and transfer to large mixing bowl. Add zucchini, peas, onions, cheese, flour and thyme to bowl with bacon and mix well.
- In separate bowl, whisk together oil, milk and eggs. Add to bacon bowl and stir to combine. Pour into slice tin and lay asparagus spears on top. Bake for 30–35 mins until golden and set. Cool in tin for 10 mins before slicing and serving warm.
- It can also be served at room temperature or cold in lunchboxes.
Discover organic at our Wellbeing Directory
Like what you read?
Sign up for a weekly dose of wellness
Eating eggs reduces cardiovascular disease
People who consume an egg a day could significantly reduce their risk of cardiovascular diseases.
Are artificial sweeteners good for you?
Artificial sweeteners have the same negative outcomes as sugar does which is linked to obesity and diabetes.
Cooking skills in adolescents leads to a healthier life
Developing cooking skills as a young adult has long-term benefits for health and wellbeing.
Does pasta cause weight gain?
A new study suggests that pasta does not contribute to weight gain like other carbohydrates.