Bacon and Vegie Slice Recipe
Kids love whisking eggs and grating vegies and cheese for this recipe. Use extra zucchini strips to garnish the top when asparagus isn’t in season.
- 3 rashers bacon, chopped
- 1 large zucchini, grated
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup milk choice
- 5 eggs
- 6 asparagus spears
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and line 20cm square slice tin and set aside.
- Fry or grill bacon until crispy, then drain on paper towel and transfer to large mixing bowl. Add zucchini, peas, onions, cheese, flour and thyme to bowl with bacon and mix well.
- In separate bowl, whisk together oil, milk and eggs. Add to bacon bowl and stir to combine. Pour into slice tin and lay asparagus spears on top. Bake for 30–35 mins until golden and set. Cool in tin for 10 mins before slicing and serving warm.
- It can also be served at room temperature or cold in lunchboxes.
Discover organic at our Wellbeing Directory
Like what you read?
Sign up for a weekly dose of wellness
Organic food in plant-based diet benefits our environment
A plant-based diet, particularly organic food consumption is better for the environment than an animal based one.
Watch out for palm oil in your chocolates
A diet rich in saturated fats and sugar not only causes obesity but also leads to inflammation in the brain.
Why stress and eating late is not good for you
A new research shows that hunger levels rise in the evenings and that stress may impact hunger levels even more.
Whole eggs or egg whites?
Researchers uncover the difference in ingesting egg whites or whole eggs can affect muscle-building protein synthesis after exercise.