Bacon and Vegie Slice RecipeCredit: Christie Connelly
Kids love whisking eggs and grating vegies and cheese for this recipe. Use extra zucchini strips to garnish the top when asparagus isn’t in season.
- 3 rashers bacon, chopped
- 1 large zucchini, grated
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup milk choice
- 5 eggs
- 6 asparagus spears
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and line 20cm square slice tin and set aside.
- Fry or grill bacon until crispy, then drain on paper towel and transfer to large mixing bowl. Add zucchini, peas, onions, cheese, flour and thyme to bowl with bacon and mix well.
- In separate bowl, whisk together oil, milk and eggs. Add to bacon bowl and stir to combine. Pour into slice tin and lay asparagus spears on top. Bake for 30–35 mins until golden and set. Cool in tin for 10 mins before slicing and serving warm.
- It can also be served at room temperature or cold in lunchboxes.
Like what you read?
Sign up for a weekly dose of wellness
How to manage weight gain for a health pregnancy?
Excessive weight gain during pregnancy can have adverse effects on mother and baby, but exercise and diet can reduce risks.
Sugar Snap Peas, Pearl Couscous and Grated Vegetable Salad Recipe
In this recipe, the colourful vegetables complement the texture of the couscous and the dressing ties it all together wonderfully.
Sponsor Recipes: The Chia Co.
Discover some of the delicious recipes you can make with The Chia Co.
Warm Steamed Beetroot and Goat’s Cheese Salad Recipe
This Warm Steamed Beetroot and Goat’s Cheese Salad is the perfect quick lunch or dinner option.