Baked Camembert with Homemade Blackberry Jam & Pistachios Recipe
This decadent appetiser is sure to be a hit at your next dinner party. Blackberries are loaded with antioxidants called anthocyanins and resveratrol which protect cells in your body from oxidative stress. They’re also a great source of vitamin C and A and have impressive anti-inflammatory properties.
- 1 rustic sourdough baguette, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 full camembert
- Small handful fresh rosemary or thyme
- ½ cup blackberries + extra for decoration
- Handful of pistachios, roughly chopped
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Place bread slices on a baking tray and brush with olive oil. Place in the oven for 6 mins. Then arrange on a serving dish.
- Remove cheese wrapper and place it on a square of baking paper, enough to wrap the whole cheese in.
- If your cheese came in a wooden container you can put the cheese back in the wooden bottom with the baking paper still wrapped around the cheese. This will help prevent the cheese from running.
- Make two cuts in the top of the cheese like a cross and push some herbs into the cuts.
- Place the cheese on the baking tray and put in the oven for 18 mins.
- While the cheese is cooking, place the blackberries and 3 tbsp of water in a small saucepan and simmer for 5 mins with the lid on until you have a jam-like consistency. You can add a little more water to loosen, if necessary.
- Top baked camembert with blackberry jam and extra whole blackberries. Put the cheese back in the oven for another 8 mins.
- Top with fresh herbs, pistachios and serve with crusty bread.