Baked Papaya with Lime and Coconut Yoghurt Recipe
Here’s a zesty and refreshing source of digestive enzymes to boost gut health and start the day with a fruity twist.
- 1 large papaya, cut in half, seeds removed
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Zest & juice 1 lime
- 1 cup coconut yoghurt, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line baking tray with baking paper.
- Place papaya on baking tray. Sprinkle with cinnamon and lime zest, and drizzle with lime juice.
- Bake for about 15 mins, or until papaya is lightly coloured. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Serve with coconut yoghurt.
- Note: You can add some lime slices to the baking tray to caramelise them, then squeeze the juice over the papaya just before serving.
How to achieve greater gut health
There's a link between gut health, hormones, skin and weight. Here's how you can work on promoting a healthy gut...
A Q&A with Professor Phil Hugenholtz, co-founder of Microba
We speak with Phil Hugenholtz, the co-founder of Microba. Offering in-depth gut microbiome testing and analysis, Microba can help to...
What exactly is your microbiome? We take an in-depth look
What most of us don’t realise is that, despite the multitasking digestive brilliance of the many cells that line our...
Discover the power of the gut-skin axis
Your skin’s health is intimately linked to your gut health. We take a look at the link between gut health...