Banana Bread Recipe
This banana bread is packed full of more nutrient-dense flours and nut meals when compared to a traditional banana bread. It’s also a gluten-free loaf, richer in protein and healthy fats, which will keep you fuller for longer.
Makes: 15 slices
- 4 bananas
- 2 eggs
- 90mL olive oil
- 100g blanched almond meal
- 90g coconut palm sugar (optional)
- 60g brown rice flour
- 60g buckwheat flour
- 25g tapioca flour
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp flaxseeds
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and line bread tin.
- Add all dry ingredients to bowl and mix until combined, then set aside.
- Add 3 bananas, eggs and olive oil to blender and blend to smooth batter. Pour into bowl with dry ingredients and mix together well. Pour mixture into bread tin, cut last banana in half and use it to decorate top of banana bread.
- Bake for 50 mins until golden brown and firm to touch.
5 healthy whole grains to add to your weekly food plan
A triple treat — nutritious, delicious and numerous — grains are powerhouses of nourishment and each of the many varieties...
Roast Sweet Potato, Hummus & Quinoa Poke Bowl Recipe
You’ll notice that a lot of the components of one poke bowl can be used in another. Enjoy my Roast...
Chickpea, Quinoa & Avocado Poke Bowl Recipe
My Chickpea, Quinoa & Avocado Poke Bowl Recipe uses a varied array of colourful vegetables, which means you’re guaranteed a...