Banana Bread Recipe
This banana bread is packed full of more nutrient-dense flours and nut meals when compared to a traditional banana bread. It’s also a gluten-free loaf, richer in protein and healthy fats, which will keep you fuller for longer.
Makes: 15 slices
- 4 bananas
- 2 eggs
- 90mL olive oil
- 100g blanched almond meal
- 90g coconut palm sugar (optional)
- 60g brown rice flour
- 60g buckwheat flour
- 25g tapioca flour
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp flaxseeds
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and line bread tin.
- Add all dry ingredients to bowl and mix until combined, then set aside.
- Add 3 bananas, eggs and olive oil to blender and blend to smooth batter. Pour into bowl with dry ingredients and mix together well. Pour mixture into bread tin, cut last banana in half and use it to decorate top of banana bread.
- Bake for 50 mins until golden brown and firm to touch.
Healthy Seed Crackers Recipe
Looking for a snack that is nut-, dairy- or gluten-free, with an egg-free option, too? Try our delicious Healthy Seed...
Banana Berry Bliss Smoothie Bowl Recipe
Bananas are one of the best sources of vitamin B6, which is needed for a healthy nervous system. They also...
Frittata with Tomato Tops, Silverbeet Stalks and Whole Pumpkin Recipe
A wonderful way to use up vegetables and avoid food waste is by making this Frittata with Tomato Tops, Silverbeet...
Roasted Fennel Tart Recipe
In this Roasted Fennel Tart, the fennel has a lovely aniseed flavour and the fennel greens are rich in potassium,...