Banana Bread Recipe
This banana bread is packed full of more nutrient-dense flours and nut meals when compared to a traditional banana bread. It’s also a gluten-free loaf, richer in protein and healthy fats, which will keep you fuller for longer.
Makes: 15 slices
- 4 bananas
- 2 eggs
- 90mL olive oil
- 100g blanched almond meal
- 90g coconut palm sugar (optional)
- 60g brown rice flour
- 60g buckwheat flour
- 25g tapioca flour
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp flaxseeds
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and line bread tin.
- Add all dry ingredients to bowl and mix until combined, then set aside.
- Add 3 bananas, eggs and olive oil to blender and blend to smooth batter. Pour into bowl with dry ingredients and mix together well. Pour mixture into bread tin, cut last banana in half and use it to decorate top of banana bread.
- Bake for 50 mins until golden brown and firm to touch.
Discover organic at our Wellbeing Directory
Like what you read?
Sign up for a weekly dose of wellness
Pear and Cinnamon Pancakes Recipe
These thin Pear and Cinnamon Pancakes are worth the little bit of extra time they take to make. Plus, the...
Smoked Kransky and Sweet Potato Stew with Red Sauerkraut Recipe
In this dish, be sure to buy the best-quality kransky sausages you can find at a reputable butcher or deli...
German Cucumber Salad with Eggs Recipe
The most popular form of German cucumber salad is soaked in sour cream, but we prefer this vinaigrette version —...
Chicken Schnitzel Recipe
This chicken schnitzel recipe is a healthy twist on the traditional recipe. The almond meal adds a lovely nutty flavour...