Banana Bread Recipe
This banana bread is packed full of more nutrient-dense flours and nut meals when compared to a traditional banana bread. It’s also a gluten-free loaf, richer in protein and healthy fats, which will keep you fuller for longer.
Makes: 15 slices
- 4 bananas
- 2 eggs
- 90mL olive oil
- 100g blanched almond meal
- 90g coconut palm sugar (optional)
- 60g brown rice flour
- 60g buckwheat flour
- 25g tapioca flour
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp flaxseeds
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and line bread tin.
- Add all dry ingredients to bowl and mix until combined, then set aside.
- Add 3 bananas, eggs and olive oil to blender and blend to smooth batter. Pour into bowl with dry ingredients and mix together well. Pour mixture into bread tin, cut last banana in half and use it to decorate top of banana bread.
- Bake for 50 mins until golden brown and firm to touch.
Discover organic at our Wellbeing Directory
Like what you read?
Sign up for a weekly dose of wellness
Pancakes Hoppers Recipe
This recipe draws inspiration from Sri Lankan hoppers, which are fermented pancakes made from rice flour, served for breakfast with...
Pumpkin and Cashew Curry Recipe
You can add other vegies or nuts and seeds to this lovely, versatile curry. The warming spices are anti-inflammatory and...
Chicken, Apple and Celery Salad Recipe
Poaching is a delicious way to cook chicken so it’s soft and tender. If you don’t have time to poach...
Prebiotic Tray Bake Recipe
Roasting is a great way to cheer up any vegetable that may have been left in the fridge too long....