Beef Ragu Recipe
This slow-cooked beef ragu is a delicious, easy meal. The meat portion freezes well so in the time it takes to cook pasta, you can defrost and heat the ragu, ready for a nourishing and warming meal.
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 sticks celery, finely diced
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 250mL stock or broth
- 125mL red wine
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary leaves, finely diced
- 2 bay leaves
- 700g tomato passata
- 1.2kg beef brisket (you can also use oyster blade or chuck)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Ground black pepper, good grind
- To Serve
- 300g uncooked pasta of choice
- 30g parmesan cheese (optional)
- ½ bunch basil leaves (optional)
- Preheat oven to 150°C fan-forced.
- Place all beef ragu ingredients into a Dutch oven or casserole dish with a tight-fitting lid (or cover tightly with foil).
- Cook for 4 hours.
- Remove and shred the beef through the sauce. If there is a lot of sauce, you can remove the lid and return to the oven for 15 mins or simmer on the stove to reduce and thicken the sauce.
- Cook your pasta to al dente.
- Serve with pasta, grated parmesan and fresh basil leaves.
- It can also be served over polenta, mashed potato or inside a jacket potato.
Berry, Pepita & Walnut Fruit Salad with Sweet Cashew Cream Recipe
Level up your fruit salad with this sweet and smooth easy-to-prepare cashew cream, you can enjoy good health and a...
Cauliflower Cashew Curry Recipe
This is a really tasty vegan curry recipe that is perfect as a nourishing stand-alone meal or served with rice...
3 chicken dinner recipes to add to your weekly menu
Made with The Bare Bird's antibiotic-free, accredited free-range chickens, these delicious chicken dinner recipes are guaranteed to be love at...
Flourless Orange & Passionfruit Cakes with Cashew Frosting Recipe
Topped with cashew frosting, these decadent orange and passionfruit gluten-free cakes will go down a treat for snacks, afternoon tea...