Cacao Muesli Bars
Cacao Muesli Bars
Organic Merchant’s Soothe Dust is 100 per cent ACO Certified Organic and contains an artisan blend of raw cacao, turmeric, ginger, liquorice, cinnamon, mesquite, Himalayan pink salt and black pepper. Turmeric gently soothes an inflamed or irritable tummy in children and liquorice has been traditionally used to support respiratory health in kids, making it a perfect lunchbox treat.
- ½ cup rice-malt syrup, or honey for non-vegan option
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup coconut oil, or butter for a non-vegan option
- 2 cups raw rolled oats
- 1 cup sultanas
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup sesame seeds
- ½ cup Organic Merchant Sooth Dust
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 cups puffed grains, rice, quinoa or amaranth
- Preheat the oven to 160°C (fan-forced) and line a 28cm x 20cm (approx.) baking tray with baking paper. This is optional, but it helps with getting the finished muesli bars out in the end.
- Combine the rice-malt syrup, coconut sugar and coconut oil in a saucepan over low-medium heat. Cook, while constantly stirring, for 5 mins or until the oil melts and the sugar dissolves.
- Bring to the boil and cook for 1–2 mins or until syrup thickens slightly, then remove from heat.
- Combine the oats, sultanas, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, Sooth Dust, vanilla extract, salt, flour and puffed grains in a large bowl.
- Mix everything together, then pour over the hot syrup and stir thoroughly to combine well. Spoon the muesli bar mix into the tray and press down firmly.
- Bake in the oven for 20–25 mins or until golden brown and crisp.
- Remove from the oven and set aside in the tray to cool completely. This may take a couple of hours.
- Once the mixture is completely cooled and hardened, cut into rectangles (5cm x 9cm) to serve.