Chargrilled Eggplant with Sweet Miso Dressing and Quinoa Recipe
Eggplant and miso are a match made in heaven and no more so than when the eggplant is charred and smoky. Make this a more substantial meal by wrapping in flatbread and eating kebab style. You’ll never miss the meat!
Serves: 4 as an entrée
- ½ cup dry quinoa
- 1 large eggplant
- ¼ cup cold-pressed olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp chives, chopped
- 1 tbsp white miso paste
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp tahini
- ¼ tsp ground white pepper
- Place quinoa in small saucepan with 1 cup of cold water over medium heat. Bring to boil, cover with lid and bring heat down to lowest setting. Leave to simmer for 15 mins without lifting lid. Take off heat and leave lid on for 5 mins more.
- Meanwhile, slice eggplant in half lengthwise and cut into thin half-moons about a quarter of a centimetre thick. Add to large mixing bowl, pour over olive oil and season with salt. Mix to coat eggplant in oil - it's best to use hands and gently massage it in.
- Heat barbecue or grill pan on high and cook eggplant slices in batches for 2 mins on each side, until tender and charred. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients and set aside.
- To serve, layer quinoa and eggplant on large serving platter or individual plates. Spoon over dressing then scatter over coriander, sesame seeds and chives.
9 tips for longevity from the Blue Zones
Blue Zones are regions of the planet where a high proportion of people live to be over 100 years old....
Fast, Healthy & Delicious Fish Burger
If ever there was a super-quick, super-satisfying and super-nourishing easy meal to curb the cravings of a burger on the...
Healthy Garlic & Chilli Prawn Linguine
This Garlic & Chilli Prawn Linguine recipe is effortlessly simple and is perfect for a midweek meal. Enjoy with the...
Vegan Coconut & Chickpea Curry
This vegan Coconut & Chickpea Curry recipe combines creamy coconut milk with a range of spices to create the most...