Chicken, Thyme, Vegetable Sausage Rolls
These sausage rolls are simple to make and are sure to become a kid’s party favourite. They make a great healthy snack in school lunchboxes, too.
Makes: 8 small sausage rolls
- 500g chicken mince
- Handful fresh parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1 small zucchini, grated
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- 375g all-butter wholemeal spelt puff pastry, defrosted
- 1 small egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line baking tray with baking paper.
- In large mixing bowl, combine chicken mince, parsley, carrot, zucchini, onion, garlic, thyme, mustard and honey. Squeeze mixture together with clean hands to combine well. Alternatively, mix in food processor.
- Place pastry sheet onto lined baking tray and cut in half lengthways
- Spread filling along the length of each half.
- Roll and place on tray seam side down. Cut each half into 8 small sausage rolls.
- Brush with the egg and top with sesame seeds.
- Bake for 15 mins then reduce temperature to 180°C and bake for another 10 mins or until golden brown and cooked through.
Lamb, Mint & Raisin Meatballs
These are a great snack at a kids’ party, especially if you also have adults attending. They are tastier than...
Pumpkin Bread Recipe
This pumpkin bread is nutrient-rich, high in protein and fibre, free from grains and gluten and can be made dairy-free....
Chocolate Cherry Bites Recipe
These healthy chocolatey, cherry and coconutty raw, refined sugar-, gluten- and dairy-free treats are perfect bite-sized snacking.