Gluten-Free Chocolate Cake with Caramel Frosting Recipe
Tahini is a good source of beneficial polyunsaturated fats that help improve brain function and memory. Tahini is also a rich source of magnesium for strong bones and reduced risk of osteoporosis, which makes it beneficial for balancing blood sugar levels.
Makes: 1 cake
- ½ cup almond meal
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste or essence
- ¼ cup tahini
- 6 Medjool dates, pits removed
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp coconut cream
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- Preheat oven to 180ºC. Grease 8-inch round cake tin and line with baking paper.
- Combine all cake ingredients then pour into cake tin.
- Place cake in oven for 25 mins or until skewer comes out of centre cleanly.
- While cake is cooking, make caramel frosting: combine all frosting ingredients together in food processor until creamy. Keep in fridge to stiffen up until ready to use.
- Wait until cake cools completely before covering with frosting.
- Decorate with flowers or crushed almonds, chocolate shavings or raw cacao nibs.
Lemongrass and Ginger Vegie Stir Fry Recipe
The secret to making a quick and healthy stir-fry is to chop and measure out all your ingredients before you...
Mushroom and Thyme Pasta Recipe
This pasta is one of my favourite vegetarian midweek meals. It’s quick and easy to make and really tasty. You...
Crispy Vegetable Pilaf with Chickpeas and Preserved Lemon Recipe
This is even quicker if you have the rice left over from a previous night and ready to go. Simple...
13 antioxidant foods and how to enjoy them
Antioxidants defend against cell-damaging free radicals, which increase your risk of disease and premature ageing. Including a variety of antioxidant-rich...