Chocolate Cherry Bites Recipe
These chocolatey, cherry and coconutty raw, refined sugar-, gluten- and dairy-free treats are perfect bite-sized snacking. If you don’t buy commercial chocolate bars but love cherries, coconut and chocolate, you’re in for a real treat.
Makes: 12–15 slices
- 2½ cups desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp coconut cream
- 2 tbsp Supercharged Foods Love Your Gut Powder* (optional)
- 1 tbsp rice-malt syrup (optional)
- 1 cup cherries, pitted & frozen
- Chocolate Coating
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp cacao butter
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder10–12 drops liquid stevia or to taste (optional)
- In food processor, pulse coconut, coconut oil, coconut cream, powder and rice-malt syrup until combined. Be careful not to over mix. Add in frozen cherries and pulse until combined.
- Using hands, scoop up about 2 tbsp of mixture, shape into egg shape and place on tray. Repeat until you use up all mixture. Place in freezer to set for 2 hours.
- After about 1½ hours, prepare chocolate coating by melting ingredients together in small pot over low heat. Transfer to bowl, place in fridge for 15 mins to let thicken slightly.
- To cover in chocolate coating, first prepare rack over tray to catch any dripping chocolate. Carefully dip eggs in chocolate coating mixture and place on rack.
- Note: You want to work quickly here to prevent the eggs from melting. This is why it’s important that your chocolate mixture isn’t too hot but is still melted and has a liquid consistency. You may wish to work in batches.
- * Available at most health-food stores.
Honey-Glazed Tofu Recipe
The advantage of using tofu is that it really soaks up the flavour around it! Try our honey-glazed tofu...
Mocha Bliss Balls Recipe
Coffee and chocolate are a match made in heaven! Try this delicious bliss balls recipe.
Spiced Carrot Dip Recipe
Mad for carrots? We are too! They are a regular player in our snack bag on the run. Try our...
Smoked Salmon Bites Recipe
One of the best and easiest bulk batch snacks to serve for a crowd. Try our Smoked Salmon Bites Recipe!