Chorizo Fennel Mussels Recipe
These amazing Italian-inspired mussels are a great choice to serve at a gathering. They are easy to cook and incredibly delicious to share.
- 2kg fresh mussels (I used Spencer Gulf live organic mussels)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 bulb fennel, finely sliced
- 60g chorizo sausage
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 150mL white wine
- 150mL stock or broth
- ½ bunch fresh parsley leaves, chopped roughly
- To Serve
- Sourdough baguette
- Olive oil
- Garlic clove, minced
- Rinse and beard the mussels and place in a large pot with 60mL water. Cover with a lid.
- In a small pan, heat the olive oil and sauté the fennel so that it just starts to brown, about 10 mins.
- Remove the skin from the chorizo (if possible) and finely dice sausage.
- When the fennel is caramelised, add the chorizo and garlic and cook, stirring for 2 mins or so.
- Turn up the heat and add the tomatoes and wine. It should sizzle. Reduce the heat immediately and add the broth or stock. Simmer for another 3–4 mins.
- Place the mussels on a high heat. Check after 4–5 mins that they have opened. If not, replace the lid for one more min and check again.
- To char the sourdough, heat your barbecue grill and rub the slices of bread on both sides with olive oil. Char on both sides then rub with garlic.
- Once most of the mussels are open, drain them in a colander.
- Place them back in the pot, add the parsley leaves and pour over the sauce. Stir through, then transfer to a platter.
- Enjoy immediately and serve with char-grilled sourdough baguette to mop up the delicious sauce.
Berry, Pepita & Walnut Fruit Salad with Sweet Cashew Cream Recipe
Level up your fruit salad with this sweet and smooth easy-to-prepare cashew cream, you can enjoy good health and a...
Cauliflower Cashew Curry Recipe
This is a really tasty vegan curry recipe that is perfect as a nourishing stand-alone meal or served with rice...
3 chicken dinner recipes to add to your weekly menu
Made with The Bare Bird's antibiotic-free, accredited free-range chickens, these delicious chicken dinner recipes are guaranteed to be love at...
Flourless Orange & Passionfruit Cakes with Cashew Frosting Recipe
Topped with cashew frosting, these decadent orange and passionfruit gluten-free cakes will go down a treat for snacks, afternoon tea...