“Clean Out the Fridge” Minestrone Recipe
This soup is so incredibly versatile that you can literally use any vegies or pulses you may have around. It has a very simple “old-school” flavour that reminds me of my grandad. It’s also a family-friendly soup.
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tbsp ghee or oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed & chopped
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup pumpkin or sweet potato, chopped into cubes
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 4 cups stock or broth
- ¼–½ tsp dulse flakes (optional)
- 1 cup cooked or tinned chickpeas
- ¾ cup pasta, or gluten-free if needed
- 3 leaves silverbeet (or equivalent green leafy veg)
- Lemon, to serve
- Pop onion and ghee into large saucepan and cook over medium heat until soft.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 min.
- Add oregano, bay leaf, tomato, pumpkin, carrot, stock and dulse flakes and cook until pumpkin is about half-cooked.
- Add chickpeas and pasta, and cook until pasta is al dente. Add silverbeet and cook for a few more mins.
- Serve with squeeze of lemon.
Crispy Vegetable Pilaf with Chickpeas and Preserved Lemon Recipe
This is even quicker if you have the rice left over from a previous night and ready to go. Simple...
Pea, Mint and Ginger Risotto Recipe
The combination of peas, mint, ginger and lemon is so delicious. When I make this dish, I always have a...
Vegan Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe
My mum’s spaghetti bolognese was the best! I could have eaten it every night as a kid; it was my...
Vegan Pumpkin and Zucchini 'No Pasta' Lasagna
In this recipe, I use pumpkin and zucchini for lasagna and a cashew béchamel sauce. Double the recipe and make...