“Clean Out the Fridge” Minestrone Recipe
This soup is so incredibly versatile that you can literally use any vegies or pulses you may have around. It has a very simple “old-school” flavour that reminds me of my grandad. It’s also a family-friendly soup.
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tbsp ghee or oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed & chopped
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup pumpkin or sweet potato, chopped into cubes
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 4 cups stock or broth
- ¼–½ tsp dulse flakes (optional)
- 1 cup cooked or tinned chickpeas
- ¾ cup pasta, or gluten-free if needed
- 3 leaves silverbeet (or equivalent green leafy veg)
- Lemon, to serve
- Pop onion and ghee into large saucepan and cook over medium heat until soft.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 min.
- Add oregano, bay leaf, tomato, pumpkin, carrot, stock and dulse flakes and cook until pumpkin is about half-cooked.
- Add chickpeas and pasta, and cook until pasta is al dente. Add silverbeet and cook for a few more mins.
- Serve with squeeze of lemon.
Bean Chilli with Cashew Sour Cream and Guacamole Recipe
A good, slow-cooked chilli always goes down well and is great for feeding a crowd. Make a double batch and...
Hemp and Kale Nuggets with Cucumber Hummus Recipe
These nuggets can easily be turned into patties for hemp burgers. They freeze well too.
Overnight Chia Hemp and Carrot Cake Brekky Bowl Recipe
Having breakfast ready and waiting to go is one of the easiest ways to kick off good nutrition for the...
Strawberry Orange Hemp Seed Jam Recipe
A simple breakfast of jam on toast can so easily move from simple to healthfully decadent and abundant in nutrients...