Coconut Fish Bites Recipe
These are baked, not fried, so they are a much healthier take on crumbed fish. Speaking of crumbs, there are none! I’ve used brown rice flour and coconut to coat, which makes them gluten- and dairy-free.
- 1 cup brown-rice flour
- Salt & pepper
- ¾ cup shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp tamari sauce
- 500g fish fillets, such as cod, salmon, monkfish, swordfish
- 2–3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- Heat oven to 200°C and line baking tray with non-stick paper.
- Place flour on a plate and season with salt and pepper. Mix to combine. Place coconut and sesame seeds on another plate and mix to combine. Pour coconut milk and tamari sauce into a bowl and stir to combine.
- Chop fish into 3cm cubes. Dip into flour, then coconut milk, then shredded coconut mixture, pressing firmly to coat. Place on lined tray and brush all over with coconut oil.
- Bake for 10 mins, then turn each one over using tongs and bake for a further 5–8 mins until golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve with salad or in a wrap, as pictured.
Fast, Healthy & Delicious Fish Burger
If ever there was a super-quick, super-satisfying and super-nourishing easy meal to curb the cravings of a burger on the...
Fish tortillas are one of the most underrated Mexican dishes of all time. Instead of your regular takeaway Mexican joint...
Mauritian Fish Rougaille
Try this delicious Mauritian-inspired fish dish at home. It's incredibly easy to whip together, and abundant in flavour with the...
Simple Indonesian fish curry
Looking for a simple meal the whole family will enjoy? This Indonesian simple fish curry is not too spicy, making...