Coconut and Lemongrass Poached Salmon
Salmon is one of the best sources of essential omega-3 fatty acids, vital for healthy brain function and memory and beneficial for treating depression and supporting healthy serotonin levels. Omega-3 fats are also required to keep cholesterol levels down and promote heart health.
- Salt & pepper
- 2 salmon fillets
- Splash olive oil
- 400mL coconut milk
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- ½ stalk lemongrass, roughly chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- Steamed rice, to serve
- Sprinkle a little sea salt and pepper on salmon fillets.
- Heat olive oil in large frying pan over medium heat and cook salmon flesh side down for 3–4 mins until golden.
- Turn salmon over skin side down, then add coconut milk, lemongrass and kaffir lime leaves.
- Cover and cook for 10 mins.
- Top with chilli and spring onions and serve with steamed rice.
Roasted Beetroot Salad Recipe
Beetroot greens are not to be underestimated. They are rich in antioxidants, potassium, vitamin B6, manganese, copper, vitamin A, calcium...
Cauliflower Hummus Recipe
The cauliflower lends a gorgeous nutty flavour and, garnished with some extra roasted chickpeas and veg, the texture is equally...
Vegetable Marrakesh Casserole Recipe
Root vegetables are stars of the spiced casserole! Sweet potato, pumpkin and carrot are simmered in Moroccan-inspired flavours for a...
Sponsor Recipes: The Bare Bird share three delicious recipes
Discover some of the delicious creations you can make with The Bare Bird.