Coconut and Lemongrass Poached Salmon
Salmon is one of the best sources of essential omega-3 fatty acids, vital for healthy brain function and memory and beneficial for treating depression and supporting healthy serotonin levels. Omega-3 fats are also required to keep cholesterol levels down and promote heart health.
- Salt & pepper
- 2 salmon fillets
- Splash olive oil
- 400mL coconut milk
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- ½ stalk lemongrass, roughly chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- Steamed rice, to serve
- Sprinkle a little sea salt and pepper on salmon fillets.
- Heat olive oil in large frying pan over medium heat and cook salmon flesh side down for 3–4 mins until golden.
- Turn salmon over skin side down, then add coconut milk, lemongrass and kaffir lime leaves.
- Cover and cook for 10 mins.
- Top with chilli and spring onions and serve with steamed rice.
Watch now: WellBeing's editor-in-chief, Terry Robson, speaks to Dr Sandra Cabot about the thyroid gland
WellBeing's editor-in-chief, Terry Robson, speaks to Dr Sandra Cabot about the thyroid gland and the important role it plays in...
Watch now: WellBeing's editor-in-chief, Terry Robson, speaks to Dr Sandra Cabot about a healthy maintenance plan
WellBeing's editor-in-chief, Terry Robson, speaks to Dr Sandra Cabot about a healthy maintenance plan.
Sponsor Recipes: Magimix share three delicious recipes for winter
Discover the delicious creations you can make with Magimix plus three delicious recipes!
Sponsor Recipes: Pearl River Bridge share four healthy winter dishes
Discover some of the delicious creations you can make with Pearl River Bridge Soy Sauce.