Coconut Rice Pudding with Mango
This super-comforting rice pudding is vegan-friendly and is the perfect summer dessert to take advantage of mango season. Allow plenty of time to achieve a super-creamy pudding and stir well to ensure the rice doesn’t stick to the pan. This pudding can also be served warm in the cooler weather.
- 400mL coconut milk
- ¾ cup Arborio rice
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Pinch salt
- 1–2 tbsp raw sugar or maple syrup
- 1 mango, diced
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- Combine coconut milk and rice in small saucepan and cook over medium heat. Gently bring to boil, stirring frequently, then reduce to simmer.
- Add vanilla essence, salt and sugar or maple syrup and continue to cook gently for 30 mins. Stir well to prevent rice sticking to pan. Add water if mixture gets too dry.
- The pudding is ready when rice has creamy consistency and all water has been absorbed.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool, then chill in fridge until set.
- Top with mango and toasted coconut flakes.
Fruity Festive Skewers Recipe
This is such a fun dish to make, one you could save until Christmas Day and make with all of...
Summer Fruit Nice Cream Recipe
The perfect way to get the kids eating refreshing fruit this summer!
Mango Passionfruit Chia Pudding Recipe
Fruity chia puddings are great for a refreshing everyday dessert or at a dinner party, dressed up in a fancy...