Corned Beef Silverside Recipe
A classic corned beef, also known as silverside, screams English comfort food for me. On my English side, everyone loves it and it’s a homely dinner to serve to your loved ones. It also keeps in the fridge for a few days afterwards.
- 1.2kg–1.5kg silverside piece
- Water, enough to cover beef
- 1 cup malt vinegar
- Place corned beef in medium-sized stockpot and cover with water. Add vinegar and bring to boil.
- Lower heat to simmer and cook for about 3½ hours.
- Remove beef from water, drain, cover and rest for 15 mins then slice.
- Serve with buttery mashed potato and peas for an ultimate English dinner.
Lee Holmes shares her take on the perfect marinades plus her favourite Biryani recipe
Marinating is an age-old process to intensify the flavour of food before cooking.
Fruit as a natural beauty product? Find out how to feed your skin, naturally.
You can snack on it, drink it and cook with it but did you know that fruit can be used...
We take a look at the many benefits of the humble carrot
Carrots hold a special place in our hearts. They are great raw or cooked. Kids generally like them. They are...
Discover how the common ivy leaf can help with respiratory conditions
The common plant ivy has many effects when used medicinally but its prime action is as a respiratory anti-inflammatory —...