Cranberry and Almond Biscotti Recipe
Biscotti can be a little more time-consuming to make but they’re well worth the effort. These are savoury biscotti that would work very well on a cheese board. I cut my biscotti nice and thick so they look extra rustic on a cheese board.
Makes: 12 biscuits
- 25g coconut palm sugar
- 2 eggs
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 100g spelt flour
- 100g buckwheat flour
- 100g brown-rice flour
- 75g dried cranberries
- 100g sliced almonds
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 170°C. Line baking tray with baking paper.
- Add the coconut palm sugar and eggs to bowl, beat until light and fluffy.
- Add sea salt, thyme, spelt flour, buckwheat flour, brown-rice flour, cranberries, almonds and baking powder to another bowl and mix until combined.
- Combine dry ingredients with egg mixture. Using hands, knead mixture until it comes together and firm dough is formed. Shape dough into long log and bake for 25 mins.
- Remove dough from the oven and allow to cool completely. Slice dough into thin pieces or according to personal preference (I cut mine thick).
- Spread slices on same baking tray. Reduce oven temperate to 140°C and bake biscotti for 20–30 mins, making sure to turn them halfway. If you cut your biscuits thicker you may have to bake them for an extra 10 mins. You’ll know they are done when nice and crispy.
- Store in airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Cypriot Lemon Almond Cakes Recipe
A scrumptious, zesty and nourishing take on a traditional Cypriot semolina cake. I’ve swapped semolina and sugar for almond meal...
Vegetarian Cypriot Sausage Recipe
If you’ve followed my work for a while you’ll know I love the challenge of a meat for vego swap...
Lentils and Greens with a Lemony Vinaigrette Recipe
This salad is the perfect main or side dish. It’s loaded with beautiful iron-boosting ingredients like lentils, almonds and greens,...
Lee Holmes shares her take on the perfect marinades plus her favourite Biryani recipe
Marinating is an age-old process to intensify the flavour of food before cooking.