Jamaican Red Bean & Potato Hot Pot Recipe
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 large red capsicum, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 large potato, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 large sweet potato
- 3 cups cooked red kidney beans
- ½ tsp ground allspice
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 400mL coconut milk
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 cups cooked brown basmati rice, to serve
- Heat a saucepan on a high heat, add the onion, garlic and red capsicum and sauté for 2 mins.
- Add the potato, sweet potato, red kidney beans, allspice, stock, coconut milk, stock and thyme and stir.
- Cover, bring to the boil and cook until the potatoes are soft. When the potatoes are cooked, add the parsley and stir well. Remove the sprig of thyme.
- Serve with brown rice.
Lavender Scones Recipe
Homemade scones, but not as you know them! Lavender turns this simple scone recipe into something else entirely with an...
Pappardelle with Garlic Mushrooms
This creamy vegetarian pappardelle will be a winner in your easy dinner rotation – perfect for family dinners and date...
3 vegan dessert delights to treat yourself to this week
Celebrate the last of the warm weather with these vegan desserts – ice-cream cake, popsicles and parfait made with Leda...
Mashed Potato & Greens with Onion Gravy Recipe
Served as a main or side to your favourite roast, this mashed potato medley is so easy to prepare for...