Eton Mess with Summer Berries
This is a healthy version of the Eton mess which only takes a few minutes to whip up for a dessert on the run. No added sugar is recommended — the sweetness of the meringue and the berries is just enough. Double or triple this recipe to serve more. This recipe is best served on the day since the meringues tend to lose their texture with time.
- 225g fresh berries (strawberries or raspberries or combination) + extra for topping
- 250g Greek yoghurt, low sugar
- 2 meringue nests, crumbled
- Combine fresh berries and Greek yoghurt in bowl, then gently fold in crumbled meringue.
- Serve in glasses and top with extra berries. Chill, then serve.
Berry Salad with Skyr Dressing
Skyr teams beautifully with the sweetness and antioxidant rich nature of berries in this salad and the liquorice flavours of...
Grow spring fruit at home
Spring fruit is usually softer than mid- to late-summer fruit, more delicately flavoured but even more welcome.
Scandinavian weight loss berries
Scandinavian lingonberries can help with weight loss.