Farmer's Salad Recipe
A farmer’s salad is basically a salad that showcases all the wonderful vegetables in season. It’s very simple to put together, looks very colourful on a serving platter and is a beautiful dish to enjoy for lunch. Feel free to replace any of the vegetables I have used with others that are in season and abundant at your local farmer’s market.
- Juice 1 lemon
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- Pinch salt & pepper
- 8 chat potatoes, boiled & cooled
- 8 baby carrots, boiled & cooled
- 3 baby beetroots, boiled & cooled
- 6 whole radishes, thinly sliced
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled & cut into quarters
- Add all ingredients for salad dressing to jar, shake well until combined and set aside.
- Cut chat potatoes, baby carrots and baby beetroots in half or quarters if large. Scatter over large white platter, along with sliced radish, red onion, flat-leaf parsley and hard-boiled egg.
- Dress salad just before serving.
Discover organic at our Wellbeing Directory
Like what you read?
Sign up for a weekly dose of wellness
Jackfruit with Soft Tacos, Salsa and Greens Recipe
Jackfruit is an amazing ingredient that’s not commonly used. It’s very easy to cook and gives an amazing “pulled pork”...
Strawberry and Haloumi Salad Recipe
This nutritious salad combines the mineral-rich talents of leafy greens and protein-rich haloumi.