Farmer's Salad Recipe
A farmer’s salad is basically a salad that showcases all the wonderful vegetables in season. It’s very simple to put together, looks very colourful on a serving platter and is a beautiful dish to enjoy for lunch. Feel free to replace any of the vegetables I have used with others that are in season and abundant at your local farmer’s market.
- Juice 1 lemon
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- Pinch salt & pepper
- 8 chat potatoes, boiled & cooled
- 8 baby carrots, boiled & cooled
- 3 baby beetroots, boiled & cooled
- 6 whole radishes, thinly sliced
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled & cut into quarters
- Add all ingredients for salad dressing to jar, shake well until combined and set aside.
- Cut chat potatoes, baby carrots and baby beetroots in half or quarters if large. Scatter over large white platter, along with sliced radish, red onion, flat-leaf parsley and hard-boiled egg.
- Dress salad just before serving.
Discover organic at our Wellbeing Directory
Like what you read?
Sign up for a weekly dose of wellness
Fish and Fennel Broth Recipe
Wonderful for autoimmune and leaky gut conditions, Fish and Fennel Broth is super-tasty on its own and makes a comforting...
Gut Healing Turmeric and Chicken Broth Recipe
This mineral-rich broth is charged with the anti-inflammatory powers of turmeric, fresh ginger and a whole chicken.
Crustless Vegetable Quiche Recipe
Eggs provide the perfect proportion of fats, proteins, vitamins and minerals needed to sustain you throughout your day. Try this...
Roasted Garlic Bisque Recipe
Garlic is a wonder ingredient for rebooting your immune system, which may be compromised in cases of digestive issues or...