Farmer's Salad Recipe
A farmer’s salad is basically a salad that showcases all the wonderful vegetables in season. It’s very simple to put together, looks very colourful on a serving platter and is a beautiful dish to enjoy for lunch. Feel free to replace any of the vegetables I have used with others that are in season and abundant at your local farmer’s market.
- Juice 1 lemon
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- Pinch salt & pepper
- 8 chat potatoes, boiled & cooled
- 8 baby carrots, boiled & cooled
- 3 baby beetroots, boiled & cooled
- 6 whole radishes, thinly sliced
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled & cut into quarters
- Add all ingredients for salad dressing to jar, shake well until combined and set aside.
- Cut chat potatoes, baby carrots and baby beetroots in half or quarters if large. Scatter over large white platter, along with sliced radish, red onion, flat-leaf parsley and hard-boiled egg.
- Dress salad just before serving.
Sponsor Recipes: Magimix share three delicious recipes for summer
Discover some of the delicious creations you can make with Magimix.
Sponsor Recipes: The Bare Bird share three summer recipes
Discover some of the delicious creations you can make with The Bare Bird.
Sponsor Recipes: Pearl River Bridge share four summer recipes
Discover some of the delicious creations you can make with Pearl River Bridge Soy Sauce.
Sponsor Recipes: Tarago Cheese share four delicious recipes
Discover some of the delicious creations you can make with Tarago Cheese.