Farmer's Salad Recipe
A farmer’s salad is basically a salad that showcases all the wonderful vegetables in season. It’s very simple to put together, looks very colourful on a serving platter and is a beautiful dish to enjoy for lunch. Feel free to replace any of the vegetables I have used with others that are in season and abundant at your local farmer’s market.
- Juice 1 lemon
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- Pinch salt & pepper
- 8 chat potatoes, boiled & cooled
- 8 baby carrots, boiled & cooled
- 3 baby beetroots, boiled & cooled
- 6 whole radishes, thinly sliced
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled & cut into quarters
- Add all ingredients for salad dressing to jar, shake well until combined and set aside.
- Cut chat potatoes, baby carrots and baby beetroots in half or quarters if large. Scatter over large white platter, along with sliced radish, red onion, flat-leaf parsley and hard-boiled egg.
- Dress salad just before serving.
Discover organic at our Wellbeing Directory
Like what you read?
Sign up for a weekly dose of wellness
Beef Massaman Recipe
This Beef Massaman is a nutritionally balanced meal offering quality protein, good fats and plant-based carbohydrates to support and nourish...
Seafood Chowder Recipe
This Seafood Chowder Recipe is the perfect one-pot wonder for mid-week meals. It’s packed with sweet potato, which is high...
Gluten-free Ginger Cookies Recipe
These delicious gluten-free ginger cookies are a healthy alternative to sugar-laden store-bought varieties. Try them out for morning tea.
Mini Black Forest Cakes Recipe
This is a healthy twist on the traditional black forest cake. We've made them into bite-size pieces, but you can...