Fragrant Lamb Curry Recipe
As India borders Nepal, there are many crossover influences from both countries. Nepalese food typically doesn’t contain cream or sugar and so it is generally considered healthier than Indian food. I usually make this recipe with beef, but as cows are sacred in Nepal, I have switched to lamb.
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 knob ginger, grated
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 small chilli, chopped (optional)
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 500g lamb, cut into small pieces
- 1 large potato, cut into cubes
- 4 tbsp tomato paste
- 400mL can coconut milk
- Small can coconut cream
- 1 small onion
- Good pinch fennel seeds
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 4 curry leaves
- Freshly cracked black pepper & sea salt, to taste
- Fresh coriander, to serve
Toasted coconut flakes, to serve (optional)
- Heat oil and sauté onion until translucent. Add ginger, garlic and chilli and cook, stirring for 2-3 mins.
- Add coriander, turmeric and garam masala and stir for about 3-4 mins.
- Add lamb and potato and stir well, then add tomato paste.
- Pour in first can coconut milk and bring to the boil. Once boiled, reduce heat to low and cook for 20-30 mins until lamb and potato is cooked through.
- Add coconut cream to help thicken the sauce and cook on low for 5 mins.
- Meanwhile, take a small frying pan, add the coconut oil and heat mustard and fennel seeds until they pop.
- Add onion and curry leaves and cook until the onion becomes golden brown. Add onion mixture to the curry.
- Dish up and top with fresh coriander.
Masoor Vegan Dal
Made with red lentils and fragrant spices, this traditional vegan dal is power-packed with dietary fibre and protein and it...
Calling all tea lovers: 3 recipes that incorporate tea leaves
Dilmah Inspirations offers a selection of the finest gourmet black, green and oolong teas. The teas and infusions are offered...
Spice up your beauty routine with these 6 herbs & spices
Utilise the healing power of food for clear, glowing skin and strong, healthy hair with these six herbs and spices.