Frittata with Tomato Tops, Silverbeet Stalks and Whole Pumpkin Recipe
Another wonderful way to use up vegetables is by making a frittata. Here I’ve used tomato tops, silverbeet leaves and stalks, and pumpkin — skin, seeds and all.
- 4–5 large 1cm slices pumpkin, skin on & seeds reserved
- Drizzle olive oil
- 1–2 stalks silverbeet or rainbow chard
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled & chopped
- 1 large tomato thickly sliced, or 8–10 cherry tomatoes
- 4–6 eggs, lightly whisked
- Sea salt & black pepper
- ¼–½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Place pumpkin slices on lined baking tray and bake for around 15 mins or until just tender.
- Meanwhile, rinse pumpkin seeds and clean off remaining pumpkin strands. Pat dry, drizzle with a little olive oil and sea salt and spread on oven tray.
- Add pumpkin seeds to oven for last 10 mins of cooking time, then remove from oven.
- Cut leaves from stalks of silverbeet, slicing stalk thinly and leaves roughly.
- In frypan over medium heat, add a little olive oil then stalks with garlic, sautéing for a few mins, then adding leaves just until wilted.
- Lightly oil round baking dish (or any pie dish of choice) and arrange pumpkin, tomato and silverbeet in dish.
- Add sea salt and black pepper to taste to whisked eggs, along with parmesan and pour into dish.
- Bake for approx. 20 mins or until egg is cooked through.
5 healthy whole grains to add to your weekly food plan
A triple treat — nutritious, delicious and numerous — grains are powerhouses of nourishment and each of the many varieties...
Roast Sweet Potato, Hummus & Quinoa Poke Bowl Recipe
You’ll notice that a lot of the components of one poke bowl can be used in another. Enjoy my Roast...
Chickpea, Quinoa & Avocado Poke Bowl Recipe
My Chickpea, Quinoa & Avocado Poke Bowl Recipe uses a varied array of colourful vegetables, which means you’re guaranteed a...