Frittata with Tomato Tops, Silverbeet Stalks and Whole Pumpkin Recipe
Another wonderful way to use up vegetables is by making a frittata. Here I’ve used tomato tops, silverbeet leaves and stalks, and pumpkin — skin, seeds and all.
- 4–5 large 1cm slices pumpkin, skin on & seeds reserved
- Drizzle olive oil
- 1–2 stalks silverbeet or rainbow chard
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled & chopped
- 1 large tomato thickly sliced, or 8–10 cherry tomatoes
- 4–6 eggs, lightly whisked
- Sea salt & black pepper
- ¼–½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Place pumpkin slices on lined baking tray and bake for around 15 mins or until just tender.
- Meanwhile, rinse pumpkin seeds and clean off remaining pumpkin strands. Pat dry, drizzle with a little olive oil and sea salt and spread on oven tray.
- Add pumpkin seeds to oven for last 10 mins of cooking time, then remove from oven.
- Cut leaves from stalks of silverbeet, slicing stalk thinly and leaves roughly.
- In frypan over medium heat, add a little olive oil then stalks with garlic, sautéing for a few mins, then adding leaves just until wilted.
- Lightly oil round baking dish (or any pie dish of choice) and arrange pumpkin, tomato and silverbeet in dish.
- Add sea salt and black pepper to taste to whisked eggs, along with parmesan and pour into dish.
- Bake for approx. 20 mins or until egg is cooked through.
Roasted Fennel Tart Recipe
In this Roasted Fennel Tart, the fennel has a lovely aniseed flavour and the fennel greens are rich in potassium,...
Spiced Cauliflower, Hazelnuts and Feta Recipe
This Spiced Cauliflower, Hazelnuts and Feta Recipe is fabulous to make ahead when you are entertaining or eat straight out...
Roasted Sweet Potato Chips with Beans and Feta Recipe
Sometimes you just need something simple and easy to make but delicious to end the day with. Try this Roasted...