Garam Masala Chicken Thighs with Turmeric Yoghurt Recipe
This is a very simple and cheap way to inject chicken thighs with incredible flavour. Serve with my broccoli steaks or spiced cauliflower and some homemade naan. Indian dinner perfection for a fraction of the price it costs to order takeaway and much healthier, too. Win, win!
Serves: 4–6 as part of a meal
- Turmeric Yoghurt Dressing
- 1 cup natural yoghurt
- ½ Lebanese cucumber, peeled & grated
- 1cm piece fresh turmeric root, grated
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried mint
- 3 tbsp garam masala dry spice mix
- 1 tsp salt
- 5 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1kg skinless & boneless chicken thighs
- Sprouts or fresh herbs, to garnish (optional)
- Mix together all dressing ingredients in small bowl. Chill in fridge until ready to serve.
- Place spice mix and salt on large platter and add 3 tbsp of coconut oil. Mix until wet paste is formed. Add chicken thighs and mix until all chicken is thoroughly coated.
- Heat oven to 200ºC. Heat 1 tbsp coconut oil in large frypan over high heat and add half the chicken thighs. Brown on both sides for 2 mins to seal on spice paste.
- Transfer to large roasting tray and repeat with remaining coconut oil and chicken thighs.
- Bake chicken for 10 mins until cooked through and juicy. Serve drizzled with dressing and garnished with sprouts or fresh herbs.
Jamaican Lamb Curry Recipe
This easy-to-make lamb curry packs some of the most delicious flavours of Jamaican cooking into one hearty meal best served...
Jerk Chicken Salad Recipe
This classic jerk chicken salad offers fresh, summery dish that combines all of the flavours of Jamaica in one wholesome...
Jamaican Chocolate Semifreddo Recipe
Looking for the ultimate vegan dessert? The flavours of delectable Jamaican chocolate shine through in this nourishing but delicious treat.
Jamaican Eggplant Jerk & Watermelon Salad Recipe
This vegan recipe uses classic Jamaican flavours that balance the sweet with the spicy. The perfect meal for family sharing...