German Cucumber Salad with Eggs Recipe
The most popular form of German cucumber salad is soaked in sour cream, but I like this vinaigrette version. It’s a delicious complete lunch when you add a healthy dose of protein in the form of eggs and is really easy to throw together.
- 4–8 large eggs (1–2 eggs per person, depending on appetite)
- 4 sprigs dill, leaves picked
- 2 tbsp apple-cider vinegar
- 1 tsp hot mustard
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cucumbers, sliced very thinly
- 1 small head lettuce, washed & leaves chopped
- ½ green capsicum, finely diced
- ½ red onion, finely diced
- Place eggs in saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to boil and cook for 10 mins. Drain and cover with cold water. Allow to cool while you prepare salad.
- Place dill, apple-cider vinegar, mustard and olive oil in large bowl. Whisk to combine. Add cucumber and season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Peel and slice eggs.
- To serve, arrange lettuce leaves on plates. Top with cucumber and eggs, then sprinkle with capsicum and red onion. Drizzle with extra dressing from cucumber, then serve immediately.
Did you know that Mauritian food is derived from so many other cultures including France, Africa, India and China? There...
Mauritian Tamarind & Apple Chutney
Tamarind is a tropical tree that produces pods with juicy sweet-sour tasting fruit. Tamarind contains beneficial polyphenols that have an...
Mauritian Fish Rougaille
Try this delicious Mauritian-inspired fish dish at home. It's incredibly easy to whip together, and abundant in flavour with the...
Mushroom, Tomato, Avocado & Greens on Sourdough Toast
You can still enjoy a big Sunday brekkie on a whole-food plant-based diet. It’s delicious, nutritious and will make you...