German Cucumber Salad with Eggs Recipe
The most popular form of German cucumber salad is soaked in sour cream, but I like this vinaigrette version. It’s a delicious complete lunch when you add a healthy dose of protein in the form of eggs and is really easy to throw together.
- 4–8 large eggs (1–2 eggs per person, depending on appetite)
- 4 sprigs dill, leaves picked
- 2 tbsp apple-cider vinegar
- 1 tsp hot mustard
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cucumbers, sliced very thinly
- 1 small head lettuce, washed & leaves chopped
- ½ green capsicum, finely diced
- ½ red onion, finely diced
- Place eggs in saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to boil and cook for 10 mins. Drain and cover with cold water. Allow to cool while you prepare salad.
- Place dill, apple-cider vinegar, mustard and olive oil in large bowl. Whisk to combine. Add cucumber and season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Peel and slice eggs.
- To serve, arrange lettuce leaves on plates. Top with cucumber and eggs, then sprinkle with capsicum and red onion. Drizzle with extra dressing from cucumber, then serve immediately.
Quick Vegetarian Nachos Recipe
I love this meal for a midweek quickie when I have no protein to work with. I try to always...
Indian-Spiced Mince with Peas Recipe
Dinner doesn’t get any more budget friendly, easier or tastier than this Indian Spiced Mince with Peas. It’s one of...
Vegan Pumpkin and Zucchini 'No Pasta' Lasagna
In this recipe, I use pumpkin and zucchini for lasagna and a cashew béchamel sauce. Double the recipe and make...
Baked Sweet Potato Hash Browns Recipe
These hash browns can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch, brunch, or dinner. The wholesome savoury flavours of sweet potato team...