German Cucumber Salad with Eggs Recipe
The most popular form of German cucumber salad is soaked in sour cream, but I like this vinaigrette version. It’s a delicious complete lunch when you add a healthy dose of protein in the form of eggs and is really easy to throw together.
- 4–8 large eggs (1–2 eggs per person, depending on appetite)
- 4 sprigs dill, leaves picked
- 2 tbsp apple-cider vinegar
- 1 tsp hot mustard
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cucumbers, sliced very thinly
- 1 small head lettuce, washed & leaves chopped
- ½ green capsicum, finely diced
- ½ red onion, finely diced
- Place eggs in saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to boil and cook for 10 mins. Drain and cover with cold water. Allow to cool while you prepare salad.
- Place dill, apple-cider vinegar, mustard and olive oil in large bowl. Whisk to combine. Add cucumber and season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Peel and slice eggs.
- To serve, arrange lettuce leaves on plates. Top with cucumber and eggs, then sprinkle with capsicum and red onion. Drizzle with extra dressing from cucumber, then serve immediately.
Smoked Salmon with Zucchini Pasta Recipe
This gluten-free zucchini pasta recipe is perfect for summer days when you're craving pasta without that heavy carb feeling.
Organic Chickpea Fusilli — Explore Cuisine
With an appetizing Mediterranean and Middle Eastern flair, Explore Cuisine’s Chickpea Fusilli is a healthy choice that will please the...
Organic Black Rice Fusilli — Explore Cuisine
The blended organic red, brown and black rice make this pasta truly exceptional and “one-of-a-kind”. The rice is cultivated in...
Organic Thai Red Rice Rigatoni — Explore Cuisine
Explore Cuisine’s Thai Red Rice Rigatoni is a healthy choice that will please the family and simplify your life. Cooks...