German Cucumber Salad with Eggs Recipe
The most popular form of German cucumber salad is soaked in sour cream, but I like this vinaigrette version. It’s a delicious complete lunch when you add a healthy dose of protein in the form of eggs and is really easy to throw together.
- 4–8 large eggs (1–2 eggs per person, depending on appetite)
- 4 sprigs dill, leaves picked
- 2 tbsp apple-cider vinegar
- 1 tsp hot mustard
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cucumbers, sliced very thinly
- 1 small head lettuce, washed & leaves chopped
- ½ green capsicum, finely diced
- ½ red onion, finely diced
- Place eggs in saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to boil and cook for 10 mins. Drain and cover with cold water. Allow to cool while you prepare salad.
- Place dill, apple-cider vinegar, mustard and olive oil in large bowl. Whisk to combine. Add cucumber and season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Peel and slice eggs.
- To serve, arrange lettuce leaves on plates. Top with cucumber and eggs, then sprinkle with capsicum and red onion. Drizzle with extra dressing from cucumber, then serve immediately.
Healthy Seed Crackers Recipe
Looking for a snack that is nut-, dairy- or gluten-free, with an egg-free option, too? Try our delicious Healthy Seed...
Banana Berry Bliss Smoothie Bowl Recipe
Bananas are one of the best sources of vitamin B6, which is needed for a healthy nervous system. They also...
Frittata with Tomato Tops, Silverbeet Stalks and Whole Pumpkin Recipe
A wonderful way to use up vegetables and avoid food waste is by making this Frittata with Tomato Tops, Silverbeet...