German Cucumber Salad with Eggs Recipe
The most popular form of German cucumber salad is soaked in sour cream, but I like this vinaigrette version. It’s a delicious complete lunch when you add a healthy dose of protein in the form of eggs and is really easy to throw together.
- 4–8 large eggs (1–2 eggs per person, depending on appetite)
- 4 sprigs dill, leaves picked
- 2 tbsp apple-cider vinegar
- 1 tsp hot mustard
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cucumbers, sliced very thinly
- 1 small head lettuce, washed & leaves chopped
- ½ green capsicum, finely diced
- ½ red onion, finely diced
- Place eggs in saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to boil and cook for 10 mins. Drain and cover with cold water. Allow to cool while you prepare salad.
- Place dill, apple-cider vinegar, mustard and olive oil in large bowl. Whisk to combine. Add cucumber and season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Peel and slice eggs.
- To serve, arrange lettuce leaves on plates. Top with cucumber and eggs, then sprinkle with capsicum and red onion. Drizzle with extra dressing from cucumber, then serve immediately.
Roasted Sweet Potato Chips with Beans and Feta Recipe
Sometimes you just need something simple and easy to make but delicious to end the day with. Try this Roasted...
Lamb Korma with Spiced Cauliflower Rice Recipe
One of our favourite ways to eat lamb is in a slow-cooked curry. Despite the long list of ingredients, this...
Matcha Panna Cotta with Raspberry Ice Recipe
A beautiful, delicious and nourishing dessert, this Matcha Panna Cotta is really easy to make and a dessert you’ll love...
Pancakes Hoppers Recipe
This recipe draws inspiration from Sri Lankan hoppers, which are fermented pancakes made from rice flour, served for breakfast with...