Gluten-free Ginger Cookies Recipe
These delicious gluten-free ginger cookies are a healthy alternative to sugar-laden store-bought varieties. Ginger is well known for its powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Ginger is beneficial for stimulating circulation and improving digestion, along with helping to lower cholesterol levels.
Makes: 10 cookies
- ¼ cup coconut sugar, plus extra for coating
- 1 organic egg
- 2 tbsp cold-pressed coconut oil
- 2 cups almond meal
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- ½ tsp bicarb soda
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Line cookie tray with baking paper.
- Place all ingredients in food processor and blend until well combined.
- Roll into balls, each around 1 heaped tbsp of mixture.
- Place extra coconut sugar in small dish and roll balls in sugar.
- Place balls on cookie tray, then flatten with fork.
- Bake for 12 mins then allow to cool before eating.
- Store in fridge in airtight container.
Roasted Beetroot Salad Recipe
Beetroot greens are not to be underestimated. They are rich in antioxidants, potassium, vitamin B6, manganese, copper, vitamin A, calcium...
Cauliflower Hummus Recipe
The cauliflower lends a gorgeous nutty flavour and, garnished with some extra roasted chickpeas and veg, the texture is equally...
Vegetable Marrakesh Casserole Recipe
Root vegetables are stars of the spiced casserole! Sweet potato, pumpkin and carrot are simmered in Moroccan-inspired flavours for a...
Sponsor Recipes: The Bare Bird share three delicious recipes
Discover some of the delicious creations you can make with The Bare Bird.