Gluten-free Ginger Cookies Recipe
These delicious gluten-free ginger cookies are a healthy alternative to sugar-laden store-bought varieties. Ginger is well known for its powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Ginger is beneficial for stimulating circulation and improving digestion, along with helping to lower cholesterol levels.
Makes: 10 cookies
- ¼ cup coconut sugar, plus extra for coating
- 1 organic egg
- 2 tbsp cold-pressed coconut oil
- 2 cups almond meal
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- ½ tsp bicarb soda
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Line cookie tray with baking paper.
- Place all ingredients in food processor and blend until well combined.
- Roll into balls, each around 1 heaped tbsp of mixture.
- Place extra coconut sugar in small dish and roll balls in sugar.
- Place balls on cookie tray, then flatten with fork.
- Bake for 12 mins then allow to cool before eating.
- Store in fridge in airtight container.
Discover organic at our Wellbeing Directory
Like what you read?
Sign up for a weekly dose of wellness
Quinoa-Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
The combination of protein from the quinoa, carbohydrate via the vegetables and essential fats from the walnuts makes this one...
Beef Massaman Recipe
This Beef Massaman is a nutritionally balanced meal offering quality protein, good fats and plant-based carbohydrates to support and nourish...
Seafood Chowder Recipe
This Seafood Chowder Recipe is the perfect one-pot wonder for mid-week meals. It’s packed with sweet potato, which is high...