Mushrooms Stir-Fry Recipe
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3 tbsp coconut oil or butter
- 350g mushrooms (shiitake, oyster, enoki)
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled & sliced
- 6–8 spring onions, white part trimmed & cut into 3cm lengths
- 10–12 snow peas, halved
- 1 tbsp black sesame seeds (optional)
- ¼ cup tamari
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Make sauce by combining all ingredients in small bowl.
- Beat eggs in small jug with 1 tbsp sauce.
- Heat non-stick or cast-iron pan or wok over moderate heat and add egg. Cook into rough omelette and, once firm, set aside and slice into strips.
- Heat coconut oil or butter in pan and add mushroom, garlic, carrot and spring onion, stirring well. After a couple of mins, just as mushrooms start to wilt, add remaining sauce, snow peas and sliced omelette.
- Cook for a few more minutes, stirring often.
- Serve as side dish or with rice or noodles as main meal.
Greek Lamb Skewers in Pita Recipe
Get your iron boost for the week with these Greek marinated lamb skewers served with fresh herbs and plenty of...
Spicy Beef Lettuce Cups Recipe
These lettuce cups are my take on the san choy bau and combine lean beef mince with fresh herbs and...
Asian Glazed Salmon with Bok Choy Recipe
This recipe is super-easy to make and is guaranteed to be on midweek meal rotation. The glaze is Asian-inspired and...
Chickpea Vegetable Tagine Recipe
Science confirms that diets containing a diverse range of vegetables produce healthier gut bacteria. So while eating vegetables is important,...