Mushrooms Stir-Fry Recipe
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3 tbsp coconut oil or butter
- 350g mushrooms (shiitake, oyster, enoki)
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled & sliced
- 6–8 spring onions, white part trimmed & cut into 3cm lengths
- 10–12 snow peas, halved
- 1 tbsp black sesame seeds (optional)
- ¼ cup tamari
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Make sauce by combining all ingredients in small bowl.
- Beat eggs in small jug with 1 tbsp sauce.
- Heat non-stick or cast-iron pan or wok over moderate heat and add egg. Cook into rough omelette and, once firm, set aside and slice into strips.
- Heat coconut oil or butter in pan and add mushroom, garlic, carrot and spring onion, stirring well. After a couple of mins, just as mushrooms start to wilt, add remaining sauce, snow peas and sliced omelette.
- Cook for a few more minutes, stirring often.
- Serve as side dish or with rice or noodles as main meal.
Quick Vegetarian Nachos Recipe
I love this meal for a midweek quickie when I have no protein to work with. I try to always...
Indian-Spiced Mince with Peas Recipe
Dinner doesn’t get any more budget friendly, easier or tastier than this Indian Spiced Mince with Peas. It’s one of...
Vegan Pumpkin and Zucchini 'No Pasta' Lasagna
In this recipe, I use pumpkin and zucchini for lasagna and a cashew béchamel sauce. Double the recipe and make...
Baked Sweet Potato Hash Browns Recipe
These hash browns can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch, brunch, or dinner. The wholesome savoury flavours of sweet potato team...