Green Smoothie Pancakes Recipe
Nothing is more fun than breakfast for dinner, am I right? This dish has all the nutrients of a green smoothie in the irresistible, alluring shape of a pancake. Plus, kids can add all the smoothie ingredients to the blender and mix up the batter with just a little help from an adult to finish them off in the pan.
- ¾ cup milk of choice
- 1 tbsp raw almonds
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp tahini
- ½ cup chopped banana
- ½ cup chopped pineapple
- 1 egg
- 2 cups chopped kale, tightly packed
- 1 cup plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2–3 tbsp coconut oil, for pan-frying
- Maple syrup, to serve
- Place milk, almonds, peanut butter, tahini, banana, pineapple, egg and kale, in that order, in high-powered blender. Blitz until smooth.
- Place flour and baking powder in large mixing bowl. Pour in green smoothie and mix until just combined.
- Heat non-stick frying pan over medium heat and brush with a little coconut oil. Spoon in 2 tbsp of batter and use back of spoon to swirl into a circle. Wait for bubbles to appear on surface (about 1 min), then flip and cook for 30 secs more.
- Keep warm while you repeat with remaining batter to make 8–10 pancakes.
- Serve warm with maple syrup.
Mauritian Lentil Soup
This Mauritian-inspired red lentil soup is the ultimate comfort food. Easy to whip together, it’s warming to the body, with...
Oven-Baked Vegie Fritters
These tasty vegie fritters are loaded with dietary fibre for good bowel health, beta-carotene for healthy vision and complex carbohydrates...
Give sugar the flick with this honey-sweetened lemon tart: you’ll never look back. If you are a real honey fan...
English Baked Beans on Toast
Tinned baked beans are full of sugar and salt. Once you’ve tried this recipe, you won’t buy tinned beans ever...