Green Smoothie Pancakes Recipe
Nothing is more fun than breakfast for dinner, am I right? This dish has all the nutrients of a green smoothie in the irresistible, alluring shape of a pancake. Plus, kids can add all the smoothie ingredients to the blender and mix up the batter with just a little help from an adult to finish them off in the pan.
- ¾ cup milk of choice
- 1 tbsp raw almonds
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp tahini
- ½ cup chopped banana
- ½ cup chopped pineapple
- 1 egg
- 2 cups chopped kale, tightly packed
- 1 cup plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2–3 tbsp coconut oil, for pan-frying
- Maple syrup, to serve
- Place milk, almonds, peanut butter, tahini, banana, pineapple, egg and kale, in that order, in high-powered blender. Blitz until smooth.
- Place flour and baking powder in large mixing bowl. Pour in green smoothie and mix until just combined.
- Heat non-stick frying pan over medium heat and brush with a little coconut oil. Spoon in 2 tbsp of batter and use back of spoon to swirl into a circle. Wait for bubbles to appear on surface (about 1 min), then flip and cook for 30 secs more.
- Keep warm while you repeat with remaining batter to make 8–10 pancakes.
- Serve warm with maple syrup.
Discover organic at our Welbeing Directory
Like what you read?
Sign up for a weekly dose of wellness
Rosemary Flaxseed Crackers Recipe
These gluten-free crackers make an ideal snack with dips and cheeses. Need a picnic idea?
Indian Spiced Cauliflower Recipe
This delicious and healthy dish is especially lovely served with basmati rice cooked in coconut milk.
Asparagus Pita Pizza Recipe
This simple vegetarian pizza dinner is perfect for Meat-Free Monday’s (a campaign that encourages us to try one meat-free day...
Zucchini Fritters Recipe
Did you know that zucchinis are great for eye health and protection against age-related eye diseases? Try these delicious fritters...