Green Smoothie Pancakes Recipe
Nothing is more fun than breakfast for dinner, am I right? This dish has all the nutrients of a green smoothie in the irresistible, alluring shape of a pancake. Plus, kids can add all the smoothie ingredients to the blender and mix up the batter with just a little help from an adult to finish them off in the pan.
- ¾ cup milk of choice
- 1 tbsp raw almonds
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp tahini
- ½ cup chopped banana
- ½ cup chopped pineapple
- 1 egg
- 2 cups chopped kale, tightly packed
- 1 cup plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2–3 tbsp coconut oil, for pan-frying
- Maple syrup, to serve
- Place milk, almonds, peanut butter, tahini, banana, pineapple, egg and kale, in that order, in high-powered blender. Blitz until smooth.
- Place flour and baking powder in large mixing bowl. Pour in green smoothie and mix until just combined.
- Heat non-stick frying pan over medium heat and brush with a little coconut oil. Spoon in 2 tbsp of batter and use back of spoon to swirl into a circle. Wait for bubbles to appear on surface (about 1 min), then flip and cook for 30 secs more.
- Keep warm while you repeat with remaining batter to make 8–10 pancakes.
- Serve warm with maple syrup.
Discover organic at our Wellbeing Directory
Like what you read?
Sign up for a weekly dose of wellness
Chocolate Blackbean Mole Recipe
Whoever invented mole should really have a medal! A mole is a traditional Mexican sauce spiked with spices, chilli and...
Eggplant Stuffed with Lebanese Rice and Slow-Braised Beans Recipe
In this dish, try using flatbread to scoop up these saucy beans; it’s the traditional way to eat them.
Mexican Tortilla Cups Recipe
These tortilla cups are easy to make and pack a nutritional punch with protein from the eggs and lots of...