Green Smoothie Pancakes Recipe
Nothing is more fun than breakfast for dinner, am I right? This dish has all the nutrients of a green smoothie in the irresistible, alluring shape of a pancake. Plus, kids can add all the smoothie ingredients to the blender and mix up the batter with just a little help from an adult to finish them off in the pan.
- ¾ cup milk of choice
- 1 tbsp raw almonds
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp tahini
- ½ cup chopped banana
- ½ cup chopped pineapple
- 1 egg
- 2 cups chopped kale, tightly packed
- 1 cup plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2–3 tbsp coconut oil, for pan-frying
- Maple syrup, to serve
- Place milk, almonds, peanut butter, tahini, banana, pineapple, egg and kale, in that order, in high-powered blender. Blitz until smooth.
- Place flour and baking powder in large mixing bowl. Pour in green smoothie and mix until just combined.
- Heat non-stick frying pan over medium heat and brush with a little coconut oil. Spoon in 2 tbsp of batter and use back of spoon to swirl into a circle. Wait for bubbles to appear on surface (about 1 min), then flip and cook for 30 secs more.
- Keep warm while you repeat with remaining batter to make 8–10 pancakes.
- Serve warm with maple syrup.
Get to know David Frenkiel and Luise Vindahl from Green Kitchen Stories
David Frenkiel and Luise Vindahl are the Scandinavian duo at the helm of Green Kitchen Stories. Their simple, healthy and...
Beetroot and Feta Croquette Appetiser Recipe
These simple beetroot and feta croquettes offer an easy, delicious and colourful appetiser to add to your entertaining menu.
Lemon Risotto Croquettes with Pesto Recipe
These delicious gluten-free croquettes are perfect served as an appetiser or as a vegetarian meal topped with marinara sauce, parmesan...
Coconut & Hemp Crumbed Brussels Sprouts Recipe
Pumped with plant protein and essential fats, these gluten-free crumbed Brussels sprouts are the ultimate vegan snack, side or lunch!