Green Smoothie Pancakes Recipe
Nothing is more fun than breakfast for dinner, am I right? This dish has all the nutrients of a green smoothie in the irresistible, alluring shape of a pancake. Plus, kids can add all the smoothie ingredients to the blender and mix up the batter with just a little help from an adult to finish them off in the pan.
- ¾ cup milk of choice
- 1 tbsp raw almonds
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp tahini
- ½ cup chopped banana
- ½ cup chopped pineapple
- 1 egg
- 2 cups chopped kale, tightly packed
- 1 cup plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2–3 tbsp coconut oil, for pan-frying
- Maple syrup, to serve
- Place milk, almonds, peanut butter, tahini, banana, pineapple, egg and kale, in that order, in high-powered blender. Blitz until smooth.
- Place flour and baking powder in large mixing bowl. Pour in green smoothie and mix until just combined.
- Heat non-stick frying pan over medium heat and brush with a little coconut oil. Spoon in 2 tbsp of batter and use back of spoon to swirl into a circle. Wait for bubbles to appear on surface (about 1 min), then flip and cook for 30 secs more.
- Keep warm while you repeat with remaining batter to make 8–10 pancakes.
- Serve warm with maple syrup.
3 Gnocchi Recipes to Bring the Taste of Italy to Your Dinner Table
Made using Grand Italian's authentic pasta, these quick and easy gnocchi recipes are bursting with the flavours of Italy that...
High-Protein Bircher Bowl Recipe
This Bircher bowl is a delicious vegetarian breakfast you can make the night before, packed with flavour, texture and colour...
Mexican Corn Fritters & Avocado Salsa Recipe
These corn fritters are a fun and tasty twist on traditional corn fritters, packed full of colourful vegetables and served...
Corn, Kale & Mushroom Bake Recipe
Stacked with colour, flavour and texture, this humble vegetarian breakfast bake makes for a quick, healthy and tasty mid-week meal...