Grilled Eggplant with Spiced Tomato and Yoghurt Recipe
This is a very simple dish that works beautifully on its own, as a side or as part of a larger feast. The gorgeous tang of the yoghurt works nicely with the mellow sweetness and spices of the rest of the dish.
- 1 eggplant, sliced into 1cm slices
- Sea salt
- ½ tbsp ghee or olive oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- ½ tsp garam masala
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup plain yoghurt
- Sprinkle eggplant slices with a little sea salt and leave to sit for 10 mins.
- Pat any moisture off with paper towel and brush each side with a little olive oil.
- Cook eggplant over medium heat in griddle pan (or regular frypan) for a few mins each side, until browning.
- Meanwhile, melt ghee in small saucepan and add mustard seeds.
- Once they begin to pop, add garam masala and cherry tomatoes.
- Cook for a couple of mins and remove from heat.
- Arrange cooked eggplant on plate, top with yoghurt and tomato mix.
Lemony Herb Crackers Recipe
If you think you can’t have the perfect cracker in less than 15 mins, then think again. These simple and...
Banana & Chocolate Fudge Cookies Recipe
These healthy cookies are a favourite in our house! Bake them for your next picnic or friend’s birthday.
Fragrant Chicken Broth with Tofu Recipe
This fragrant broth is filled with so much goodness that just the aroma makes you feel better. Enjoy our Fragrant...
Gluten-Free Chocolate Pancakes with Mocha Fudge Sauce Recipe
These delicious gluten-free pancakes make the perfect weekend breakfast or afternoon treat.