Grilled Eggplant with Spiced Tomato and Yoghurt Recipe
This is a very simple dish that works beautifully on its own, as a side or as part of a larger feast. The gorgeous tang of the yoghurt works nicely with the mellow sweetness and spices of the rest of the dish.
- 1 eggplant, sliced into 1cm slices
- Sea salt
- ½ tbsp ghee or olive oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- ½ tsp garam masala
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup plain yoghurt
- Sprinkle eggplant slices with a little sea salt and leave to sit for 10 mins.
- Pat any moisture off with paper towel and brush each side with a little olive oil.
- Cook eggplant over medium heat in griddle pan (or regular frypan) for a few mins each side, until browning.
- Meanwhile, melt ghee in small saucepan and add mustard seeds.
- Once they begin to pop, add garam masala and cherry tomatoes.
- Cook for a couple of mins and remove from heat.
- Arrange cooked eggplant on plate, top with yoghurt and tomato mix.
Healthy Seed Crackers Recipe
Looking for a snack that is nut-, dairy- or gluten-free, with an egg-free option, too? Try our delicious Healthy Seed...
Banana Berry Bliss Smoothie Bowl Recipe
Bananas are one of the best sources of vitamin B6, which is needed for a healthy nervous system. They also...
Frittata with Tomato Tops, Silverbeet Stalks and Whole Pumpkin Recipe
A wonderful way to use up vegetables and avoid food waste is by making this Frittata with Tomato Tops, Silverbeet...