Grilled Eggplant with Spiced Tomato and Yoghurt Recipe
This is a very simple dish that works beautifully on its own, as a side or as part of a larger feast. The gorgeous tang of the yoghurt works nicely with the mellow sweetness and spices of the rest of the dish.
- 1 eggplant, sliced into 1cm slices
- Sea salt
- ½ tbsp ghee or olive oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- ½ tsp garam masala
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup plain yoghurt
- Sprinkle eggplant slices with a little sea salt and leave to sit for 10 mins.
- Pat any moisture off with paper towel and brush each side with a little olive oil.
- Cook eggplant over medium heat in griddle pan (or regular frypan) for a few mins each side, until browning.
- Meanwhile, melt ghee in small saucepan and add mustard seeds.
- Once they begin to pop, add garam masala and cherry tomatoes.
- Cook for a couple of mins and remove from heat.
- Arrange cooked eggplant on plate, top with yoghurt and tomato mix.
Roasted Sweet Potato Chips with Beans and Feta Recipe
Sometimes you just need something simple and easy to make but delicious to end the day with. Try this Roasted...
Lamb Korma with Spiced Cauliflower Rice Recipe
One of our favourite ways to eat lamb is in a slow-cooked curry. Despite the long list of ingredients, this...
Matcha Panna Cotta with Raspberry Ice Recipe
A beautiful, delicious and nourishing dessert, this Matcha Panna Cotta is really easy to make and a dessert you’ll love...
Pancakes Hoppers Recipe
This recipe draws inspiration from Sri Lankan hoppers, which are fermented pancakes made from rice flour, served for breakfast with...