Grilled Eggplant with Spiced Tomato and Yoghurt Recipe
This is a very simple dish that works beautifully on its own, as a side or as part of a larger feast. The gorgeous tang of the yoghurt works nicely with the mellow sweetness and spices of the rest of the dish.
- 1 eggplant, sliced into 1cm slices
- Sea salt
- ½ tbsp ghee or olive oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- ½ tsp garam masala
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup plain yoghurt
- Sprinkle eggplant slices with a little sea salt and leave to sit for 10 mins.
- Pat any moisture off with paper towel and brush each side with a little olive oil.
- Cook eggplant over medium heat in griddle pan (or regular frypan) for a few mins each side, until browning.
- Meanwhile, melt ghee in small saucepan and add mustard seeds.
- Once they begin to pop, add garam masala and cherry tomatoes.
- Cook for a couple of mins and remove from heat.
- Arrange cooked eggplant on plate, top with yoghurt and tomato mix.
Discover organic at our Wellbeing Directory
Like what you read?
Sign up for a weekly dose of wellness
Gluten-Free Strawberry Strudel Recipe
This is a healthy gluten-free version of a traditional German strudel. If you can, make your own healthy pastry instead...
Lemon and Berry Pancakes Recipe
These Gluten-free Healthy Lemon and Berry Pancakes remind use of a lemon and berry cheesecake. They taste so good!
Pear and Cinnamon Pancakes Recipe
These thin Pear and Cinnamon Pancakes are worth the little bit of extra time they take to make. Plus, the...
Smoked Kransky and Sweet Potato Stew with Red Sauerkraut Recipe
In this dish, be sure to buy the best-quality kransky sausages you can find at a reputable butcher or deli...