Grilled Eggplant with Spiced Tomato and Yoghurt Recipe
This is a very simple dish that works beautifully on its own, as a side or as part of a larger feast. The gorgeous tang of the yoghurt works nicely with the mellow sweetness and spices of the rest of the dish.
- 1 eggplant, sliced into 1cm slices
- Sea salt
- ½ tbsp ghee or olive oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- ½ tsp garam masala
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup plain yoghurt
- Sprinkle eggplant slices with a little sea salt and leave to sit for 10 mins.
- Pat any moisture off with paper towel and brush each side with a little olive oil.
- Cook eggplant over medium heat in griddle pan (or regular frypan) for a few mins each side, until browning.
- Meanwhile, melt ghee in small saucepan and add mustard seeds.
- Once they begin to pop, add garam masala and cherry tomatoes.
- Cook for a couple of mins and remove from heat.
- Arrange cooked eggplant on plate, top with yoghurt and tomato mix.
Discover organic at our Wellbeing Directory
Like what you read?
Sign up for a weekly dose of wellness
Buckwheat Kasha Recipe
Kasha is a traditional Russian dish that can be made from any kind of grain. In this recipe, I’ve used...
Buckwheat Blinis Recipe
Blinis are essentially a little pancake that can be served with a savoury or sweet topping. You will love these...
Beetroot, Potato and Lentil Soup Recipe
This Healthy Vegan and Gluten-Free Beetroot, Potato and Lentil Soup Recipe is very similar to a borscht soup, but with...
Salad of Zucchini, Sugar Snap Peas and Brown Lentils with Balsamic and Dijon Vinaigrette Recipe
This Salad of Zucchini, Peas and Lentils with Dijon Vinaigrette uses the beautiful ingredient red cabbage, a staple in the...