Ham and Cheese Pizza Recipe
In my kitchen, I love to make batches of pizza dough, roll out the bases and freeze them for later use. That way you can make up the pizzas the night before and have them ready to pop into the school lunchbox for the next day.
- Pizza Bases
- 1½ cups rice flour, nut-free or gluten-free flour, plus extra as needed
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried basil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ¼ tsp Celtic sea salt
- 1 tsp apple-cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- ½ cup oven-roasted tomatoes (optional)
- ⅔ cup grated cheddar cheese or goat’s cheese
- ½ cup chopped ham
- Dulse flakes, for sprinkling (optional)
- Preheat oven to 220°C and lightly grease two small pizza pans.
- To prepare pizza bases, combine all ingredients in large mixing bowl to form loose dough. If it feels wet, add a little more flour. Dust bench with flour and knead dough with hands until smooth. Shape into ball. Cut dough in half and roll each portion out into thin circle about 15cm in diameter, working from inside out in clockwise motion. Add more flour if it becomes too sticky. Place bases on prepared pizza pans and bake for 10 mins.
- Remove bases from oven and spread with tomato paste, leaving 1cm border. Scatter tomatoes, cheese and ham and sprinkle with dulse flakes. Return pizzas to oven for 7–10 mins or until crispy.
Sponsor Recipes: Bake Mixes
Discover some of the delicious recipes you can make with Bake Mixes.
Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts Recipe
If you’re not normally a lover of Brussels sprouts, this dish is sure to turn you into a fan! The...
Sponsor Recipes: Golden Door
Discover some of the delicious recipes you can make with McKenzie’s.
Sponsor Recipes: Tilda Products
Discover some of the delicious recipes you can make with Tilda Products.