Healing Broth Recipe
This broth is food as medicine in a bowl and I love to make it when I’m feeling under the weather. The shiitake mushrooms provide a super boost for the immune system, as does the garlic. The ginger is wonderfully anti-inflammatory and the carrot provides a beta-carotene hit. The miso paste is added to each serving bowl, rather than the simmering pot, to preserve the beautiful bacteria that help your gut.
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 5 cloves garlic, smashed & chopped
- 12 dried shiitake mushrooms
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 100g smoked tofu, diced (optional)
- ¼ cup miso paste, unpasteurised if possible
- Add onion and coconut oil to medium to large saucepan and sauté until soft.
- Add ginger and garlic, and cook for 2 mins.
- Add 5 cups of water to pot, along with shiitake mushrooms and carrot. Simmer for 15 mins, then turn off heat. I like to remove mushrooms at this point, thinly slice them and return them to broth.
- Add tofu if using.
- Next, place 1 tbsp miso paste and a ladle of broth to each serving bowl. Stir until dissolved, then finish serving out broth into bowls.
Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts Recipe
If you’re not normally a lover of Brussels sprouts, this dish is sure to turn you into a fan! The...
Potato Pea Triangles Recipe
When our kids were young, this was their favourite dish. We’d make a big batch every week and they’d take...
Curry Spiced Trail Mix Recipe
Snack time just became a whole lot more interesting thanks to this Curry Spiced Trail Mix: the perfect combination of...
Butter Cauliflower and Sweet Potato Curry Recipe
Cauliflower and sweet potato add such abundant nutrition to this traditional curry dish with a twist. Both vegetables are rich...