Healing Broth Recipe
This broth is food as medicine in a bowl and I love to make it when I’m feeling under the weather. The shiitake mushrooms provide a super boost for the immune system, as does the garlic. The ginger is wonderfully anti-inflammatory and the carrot provides a beta-carotene hit. The miso paste is added to each serving bowl, rather than the simmering pot, to preserve the beautiful bacteria that help your gut.
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 5 cloves garlic, smashed & chopped
- 12 dried shiitake mushrooms
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 100g smoked tofu, diced (optional)
- ¼ cup miso paste, unpasteurised if possible
- Add onion and coconut oil to medium to large saucepan and sauté until soft.
- Add ginger and garlic, and cook for 2 mins.
- Add 5 cups of water to pot, along with shiitake mushrooms and carrot. Simmer for 15 mins, then turn off heat. I like to remove mushrooms at this point, thinly slice them and return them to broth.
- Add tofu if using.
- Next, place 1 tbsp miso paste and a ladle of broth to each serving bowl. Stir until dissolved, then finish serving out broth into bowls.
Sweet Quinoa and Cacao Risotto Recipe
Risotto isn’t just a lunch or dinner meal, it can absolutely be a dessert or breakfast! I’ve combined my go-to...
Mushroom and Zucchini Risotto Recipe
Porcini mushrooms give this risotto a rich, earthy flavour. If you have leftovers, form them into balls or patties and...
Tahini Choc Chip Cookies Recipes
As a mum and nutritionist, I’m always trying to find more nourishing ways to create the family favourites — especially...
Tahini Icy Poles Recipes
For as long as I can remember there has been a healthy version of icy poles in my life. My...