Healthy Gluten-free Waffles with Mixed Berries
These delicious light and healthy gluten-free waffles make a perfect weekend breakfast. They are a great source of protein and dietary fibre to help keep your blood sugar levels balanced and sugar cravings at bay. They also provide a good dose of zinc, magnesium and calcium to support bone health. Top with your favourite berries and coconut yoghurt for extra antioxidant and probiotic goodness.
Makes: 6 small waffles
- 1 cup almond meal
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1 heaped tsp baking powder
- 3 organic eggs
- 3 tbsp cold-pressed coconut oil, melted
- ⅓ cup milk of choice (coconut, almond, etc)
- 1 tbsp raw honey or 100 per cent maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste or extract
- ¼ tsp apple-cider vinegar
- Pinch sea salt
- Mixed berries, for topping
- Place all ingredients in food processor and blend until well combined.
- Heat waffle iron and grease with a little coconut oil.
- Pour ¼ cup of mixture onto waffle iron and cook for around 2 mins until light, fluffy and cooked through.
- Top with mixed berries and drizzle of honey or maple syrup. Delicious served with coconut yoghurt or ricotta and flaked almonds or roughly chopped pistachios or walnuts or seeds such as hemp, chia, sunflower or pepitas.
Eat Well with Emma: Pana Organic Pancakes
We celebrate all things pancakes and chocolate with the stunning organic range from Pana. Enjoy this delicious recipe with...
3 deliciously sweet recipes from Table of Plenty
Table of Plenty’s Balance+ Muesli is a delicious blend of toasted almonds, coconut and seeds with a hint of vanilla...
Overnight Kefir Oats & Chia Brekkie Bowl
On a Sunday eve I will often soak oats and chia seeds ready to see me through the start of...