Healthy Gluten-free Waffles with Mixed Berries
These delicious light and healthy gluten-free waffles make a perfect weekend breakfast. They are a great source of protein and dietary fibre to help keep your blood sugar levels balanced and sugar cravings at bay. They also provide a good dose of zinc, magnesium and calcium to support bone health. Top with your favourite berries and coconut yoghurt for extra antioxidant and probiotic goodness.
Makes: 6 small waffles
- 1 cup almond meal
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1 heaped tsp baking powder
- 3 organic eggs
- 3 tbsp cold-pressed coconut oil, melted
- ⅓ cup milk of choice (coconut, almond, etc)
- 1 tbsp raw honey or 100 per cent maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste or extract
- ¼ tsp apple-cider vinegar
- Pinch sea salt
- Mixed berries, for topping
- Place all ingredients in food processor and blend until well combined.
- Heat waffle iron and grease with a little coconut oil.
- Pour ¼ cup of mixture onto waffle iron and cook for around 2 mins until light, fluffy and cooked through.
- Top with mixed berries and drizzle of honey or maple syrup. Delicious served with coconut yoghurt or ricotta and flaked almonds or roughly chopped pistachios or walnuts or seeds such as hemp, chia, sunflower or pepitas.
Mango & Passionfruit Oat Milk Smoothie Recipe
Enjoyed as a balanced breakfast or snack throughout your day, this oat milk smoothie is packed with tropical flavour and...
Pumpkin & Walnut Breakfast Loaf Recipe
This nourishing pumpkin and walnut breakfast loaf is a healthy way to start the day, spread with some avocado, hummus...
Chocolate Nice Cream with Strawberries Recipe
Decadent and sweet with natural sugars, this choc nice cream is the perfect sweet treat or pancake topper — and...
Miso Poached Eggs Recipe
These poached eggs are an extremely delicate way to use miso. It certainly doesn’t punch you in the face with...