Labneh (Middle Eastern strained yogurt) is similar to Greek yoghurt or sour cream but it has a thicker consistency like soft cheese and has a richer flavour. Try making your own labneh at home!
- 1 tub sugar- and additive-free yoghurt
- Sea salt
- Place strainer in large bowl allowing for a few cm of space between the bottom of the bowl and the strainer. Line strainer with cheesecloth.
- Spoon tub of plain yoghurt into cheesecloth and add a pinch of sea salt.
- Wrap cheesecloth and secure with clip.
- Place saucer on top or small saucepan lid or something heavy to weigh it down and place in fridge for 24–48 hours depending upon thickness required.
- When ready remove labneh and discard whey.
- Use labneh to spread on toast or in a salad or as a dip.
Ham & Sweet Potato Soup
Here's an easy, quick, midweek work meal. Ham is one of the most scrumptious, joyous, flavour-filled foods in the world....
Parsnip Potato Paprikash
Whilst a lot of meat dishes appear in the Hungarian diet, there's always a way to make them plant-based and...
Say “chow” to this creamy chowder full of delicious flavours and fibre-rich vegies. It’s a spin on the classic Hungarian...
Healthy Hungarian Crêpe
Experiment in the kitchen this week and try your hand at some Hungarian crêpes, known as palacsinta. Coconut yoghurt,...