Hummus, Tabouli and Mixed Beans with Lebanese Bread Recipe
The four elements of this dish come together to create harmony with every bite. Enjoy it at your next picnic.
- 2 × 400g tins chickpeas, drained
- ¼ cup tahini
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 1½ cups water
- Four Bean Salad Mix
- 400g tin mixed beans
- 400g tin kidney beans
- 1 cup water, to cover
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ⅓ cup balsamic vinegar
- Handful parsley, chopped
- To make hummus, add ingredients to processor and puree for 5 mins until very smooth. Serve in shallow bowl.
- Cover beans in saucepan with 1 cup water and garlic. Bring to boil and remove from heat. Add balsamic vinegar and chopped parsley. Serve in bowl with liquid included.
- Serve quinoa, bean mix and hummus in separate bowls with wholemeal Lebanese bread.
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- Large bunch flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- ½ cup finely chopped mint
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 tomato, diced
- Juice 1 lemon
- 1 packet wholemeal Lebanese bread
- Place all quinoa tabouli ingredients in bowl and mix together well.
Discover organic at our Wellbeing Directory
Like what you read?
Sign up for a weekly dose of wellness