Hummus, Tabouli and Mixed Beans with Lebanese Bread Recipe
The four elements of this dish come together to create harmony with every bite. Enjoy it at your next picnic.
- 2 × 400g tins chickpeas, drained
- ¼ cup tahini
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 1½ cups water
- Four Bean Salad Mix
- 400g tin mixed beans
- 400g tin kidney beans
- 1 cup water, to cover
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ⅓ cup balsamic vinegar
- Handful parsley, chopped
- To make hummus, add ingredients to processor and puree for 5 mins until very smooth. Serve in shallow bowl.
- Cover beans in saucepan with 1 cup water and garlic. Bring to boil and remove from heat. Add balsamic vinegar and chopped parsley. Serve in bowl with liquid included.
- Serve quinoa, bean mix and hummus in separate bowls with wholemeal Lebanese bread.
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- Large bunch flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- ½ cup finely chopped mint
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 tomato, diced
- Juice 1 lemon
- 1 packet wholemeal Lebanese bread
- Place all quinoa tabouli ingredients in bowl and mix together well.
Discover organic at our Wellbeing Directory
Like what you read?
Sign up for a weekly dose of wellness
Brown Rice Noodles and Vegetables in Timut Pepper Broth Recipe
Timut pepper gives this dish a warm glow and an incredible depth of flavour like nothing else I’ve cooked with...
Sweet Spinach Pancakes with Blueberry Sauce Recipe
Green pancakes? This an example of how greens can be included in dishes where you may have thought this wasn’t...
Discover how chickpeas can help with weight management and heart protection
Chickpeas are legumes that are often called gram, garbanzos, chana or Egyptian peas. We take a look at the many...
Toasted Seaweed Chips Recipe
These Toasted Seaweed Chips make a very nourishing savoury snack. Stopping at one is virtually impossible! They’re a light but...