Hummus, Tabouli and Mixed Beans with Lebanese Bread Recipe
The four elements of this dish come together to create harmony with every bite. Enjoy it at your next picnic.
- 2 × 400g tins chickpeas, drained
- ¼ cup tahini
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 1½ cups water
- Four Bean Salad Mix
- 400g tin mixed beans
- 400g tin kidney beans
- 1 cup water, to cover
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ⅓ cup balsamic vinegar
- Handful parsley, chopped
- To make hummus, add ingredients to processor and puree for 5 mins until very smooth. Serve in shallow bowl.
- Cover beans in saucepan with 1 cup water and garlic. Bring to boil and remove from heat. Add balsamic vinegar and chopped parsley. Serve in bowl with liquid included.
- Serve quinoa, bean mix and hummus in separate bowls with wholemeal Lebanese bread.
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- Large bunch flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- ½ cup finely chopped mint
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 tomato, diced
- Juice 1 lemon
- 1 packet wholemeal Lebanese bread
- Place all quinoa tabouli ingredients in bowl and mix together well.
Discover organic at our Wellbeing Directory
Like what you read?
Sign up for a weekly dose of wellness
Chickpea and Cauliflower Dumplings in Spiced Tomato Sauce Recipe
This dish is both nurturing and nourishing. It’s full of flavour and the tomato sauce really complements the dumplings’ texture.
Fibre-Rich Baked Veg Mash Recipe
This delicious vegie mash is suitable for vegetarians but you can also replace the vegetable broth with beef or chicken...
Gluten-free and Vegan Cauliflower “Cheese” Soup Recipe
This liver-loving, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant-rich Cauliflower “Cheese” Soup is enriched with nutritional yeast, lending an extra dose of B vitamins.
Mushroom and Capsicum Fajitas Recipe
Serve this healthy and delicious dish as one big snack where everyone can help themselves and make their own fajitas.