Jackfruit Sago Pudding Recipe
Inspiration for this dish came from my Singaporean friend Ju’eta, but I swapped out white sugar for coconut sugar with fantastic results. The coconut sugar creates a beautiful caramel sauce that’s tempered by the lemon-marinated jackfruit, resulting in a lovely balanced dessert.
- 1 cup small tapioca pearls
- 150g tin young jackfruit, drained of brine
- Juice ¼ lemon
- ½ tsp pink salt
- 1 cup coconut sugar + 2 tbsp extra
- 1 lemongrass stick
- 600mL coconut milk
- Add tapioca pearls to large bowl and cover with cold water. Allow to soak for 20 mins, then drain.
- Slice jackfruit into small pieces and place in small bowl with lemon juice, ¼ tsp salt and 2 tbsp coconut sugar. Mix and leave to marinate.
- Slice lemongrass stick into 3 pieces and press down on each with blade of large knife to bruise it and release the flavour. Place in saucepan with coconut milk over medium heat. Cook for a few minutes until hot then stir in cup of coconut sugar and bring to boil. Boil briefly for 2 mins then remove lemongrass and discard.
- Turn heat down to low and add drained tapioca pearls. Stir for 2 mins, then take off heat. Allow to sit for 5 mins until all pearls are translucent.
- Stir through marinated jackfruit and spoon into 8–10 serving glasses.
- Chill for at least 3 hours, then serve.
Mauritian Lentil Soup
This Mauritian-inspired red lentil soup is the ultimate comfort food. Easy to whip together, it’s warming to the body, with...
Emma Dean's Plant-Based Pancakes with Hazelnut & Chocolate Sauce
Need a little indulgence? Try Emma Dean's Pana Organic Pancakes, topped with Pana Chocolate and warm Hazelnut & Chocolate spread....
Are you in need of some breakfast inspiration? We think that Bircher muesli is one of the best breakfasts you...
Chunky Almond Granola
This chunky almond granola is jam-packed with dietary fibre to help lower cholesterol levels, along with B vitamins and slow-release...