Jackfruit Sago Pudding Recipe
Inspiration for this dish came from my Singaporean friend Ju’eta, but I swapped out white sugar for coconut sugar with fantastic results. The coconut sugar creates a beautiful caramel sauce that’s tempered by the lemon-marinated jackfruit, resulting in a lovely balanced dessert.
- 1 cup small tapioca pearls
- 150g tin young jackfruit, drained of brine
- Juice ¼ lemon
- ½ tsp pink salt
- 1 cup coconut sugar + 2 tbsp extra
- 1 lemongrass stick
- 600mL coconut milk
- Add tapioca pearls to large bowl and cover with cold water. Allow to soak for 20 mins, then drain.
- Slice jackfruit into small pieces and place in small bowl with lemon juice, ¼ tsp salt and 2 tbsp coconut sugar. Mix and leave to marinate.
- Slice lemongrass stick into 3 pieces and press down on each with blade of large knife to bruise it and release the flavour. Place in saucepan with coconut milk over medium heat. Cook for a few minutes until hot then stir in cup of coconut sugar and bring to boil. Boil briefly for 2 mins then remove lemongrass and discard.
- Turn heat down to low and add drained tapioca pearls. Stir for 2 mins, then take off heat. Allow to sit for 5 mins until all pearls are translucent.
- Stir through marinated jackfruit and spoon into 8–10 serving glasses.
- Chill for at least 3 hours, then serve.
Spiced Carrot Dip Recipe
Mad for carrots? We are too! They are a regular player in our snack bag on the run. Try our...
Egg Salad Cos Cups Recipe
Create a fun dish to have at your next picnic that looks impressive! Try our Egg salad cos cups recipe...
Rainbow Salad in a Jar Recipe
Finding ways of eating good food on the go saves money and ensures you make a great choices. Enjoy our...