Jackfruit with Soft Tacos, Salsa and Greens Recipe
Jackfruit is an amazing ingredient that’s not commonly used. It’s very easy to cook and gives an amazing “pulled pork” texture that vegans and vegetarians can enjoy.
- 1 can green jackfruit, drained
- ¼ cup BBQ sauce
- 1 onion, sliced into thin crescents
- ½ cup diced ripe papaya
- ½ red capsicum, diced
- Few sprigs coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp lime juice
- Cashew Sour Cream
- ½ cup cashews, soaked for 30 mins
- Juice 1 lemon
- ½ tsp salt
- 8 soft flour tortillas
- Fresh sprigs coriander
- Small red chilli, sliced thin, or Sambal oelek
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves
- Place green jackfruit in saucepan and add BBQ sauce. Marinate for 30 mins. Heat frying pan and sauté onion with a little water until caramelised, about 10 mins. Add jackfruit and heat through, then set aside.
- To make salsa, combine ingredients in small bowl.
- To make cashew cream, place drained cashews in high-speed blender with lemon juice, salt and ½ cup hot water and blend until completely smooth. Store in airtight container in fridge until required.
- To assemble tacos, place handful of baby spinach leaves on taco, add small amount of jackfruit into each, then top with papaya salsa, drizzles of cashew sour cream and dashes of sambal oelek or slices of fresh chilli, if desired. Add a few fresh coriander leaves and serve.
Oat and Coconut Thumb Print Biscuits Recipe
A great snack that’s nourishing and delicious, these biscuits are packed with oats and almonds, which deliver sustained energy and...
Jam-Packed Ricepaper Rolls Recipe
Packing these ricepaper rolls with wholesome ingredients you can create delicious parcels that will make your insides and outsides happy....
Sponsor Recipes: The Culture Co. share 3 healthy recipes
Discover some of the delicious recipes you can make The Culture Co. products like a healthy Peanut Butter Smoothie Bowl...
Vietnamese Meatball Soup Recipe
This Vietnamese meatball soup is a delicious, fuss-free meal that is both nutritious and healing. Enjoy our Vietnamese meatball soup...