Jackfruit with Soft Tacos, Salsa and Greens Recipe
Jackfruit is an amazing ingredient that’s not commonly used. It’s very easy to cook and gives an amazing “pulled pork” texture that vegans and vegetarians can enjoy.
- 1 can green jackfruit, drained
- ¼ cup BBQ sauce
- 1 onion, sliced into thin crescents
- ½ cup diced ripe papaya
- ½ red capsicum, diced
- Few sprigs coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp lime juice
- Cashew Sour Cream
- ½ cup cashews, soaked for 30 mins
- Juice 1 lemon
- ½ tsp salt
- 8 soft flour tortillas
- Fresh sprigs coriander
- Small red chilli, sliced thin, or Sambal oelek
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves
- Place green jackfruit in saucepan and add BBQ sauce. Marinate for 30 mins. Heat frying pan and sauté onion with a little water until caramelised, about 10 mins. Add jackfruit and heat through, then set aside.
- To make salsa, combine ingredients in small bowl.
- To make cashew cream, place drained cashews in high-speed blender with lemon juice, salt and ½ cup hot water and blend until completely smooth. Store in airtight container in fridge until required.
- To assemble tacos, place handful of baby spinach leaves on taco, add small amount of jackfruit into each, then top with papaya salsa, drizzles of cashew sour cream and dashes of sambal oelek or slices of fresh chilli, if desired. Add a few fresh coriander leaves and serve.
Sponsor Recipes: Magimix share three delicious recipes for summer
Discover some of the delicious creations you can make with Magimix.
Sponsor Recipes: The Bare Bird share three summer recipes
Discover some of the delicious creations you can make with The Bare Bird.
Sponsor Recipes: Pearl River Bridge share four summer recipes
Discover some of the delicious creations you can make with Pearl River Bridge Soy Sauce.
Sponsor Recipes: Tarago Cheese share four delicious recipes
Discover some of the delicious creations you can make with Tarago Cheese.