Jackfruit with Soft Tacos, Salsa and Greens Recipe
Jackfruit is an amazing ingredient that’s not commonly used. It’s very easy to cook and gives an amazing “pulled pork” texture that vegans and vegetarians can enjoy.
- 1 can green jackfruit, drained
- ¼ cup BBQ sauce
- 1 onion, sliced into thin crescents
- ½ cup diced ripe papaya
- ½ red capsicum, diced
- Few sprigs coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp lime juice
- Cashew Sour Cream
- ½ cup cashews, soaked for 30 mins
- Juice 1 lemon
- ½ tsp salt
- 8 soft flour tortillas
- Fresh sprigs coriander
- Small red chilli, sliced thin, or Sambal oelek
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves
- Place green jackfruit in saucepan and add BBQ sauce. Marinate for 30 mins. Heat frying pan and sauté onion with a little water until caramelised, about 10 mins. Add jackfruit and heat through, then set aside.
- To make salsa, combine ingredients in small bowl.
- To make cashew cream, place drained cashews in high-speed blender with lemon juice, salt and ½ cup hot water and blend until completely smooth. Store in airtight container in fridge until required.
- To assemble tacos, place handful of baby spinach leaves on taco, add small amount of jackfruit into each, then top with papaya salsa, drizzles of cashew sour cream and dashes of sambal oelek or slices of fresh chilli, if desired. Add a few fresh coriander leaves and serve.
Discover organic at our Wellbeing Directory
Like what you read?
Sign up for a weekly dose of wellness
Farmer's Salad Recipe
A farmer’s salad is basically a salad that showcases all the wonderful vegetables in season. Try this delicious salad tonight!...
Strawberry and Haloumi Salad Recipe
This nutritious salad combines the mineral-rich talents of leafy greens and protein-rich haloumi.